Beginners - July 2017 (Page 2)

Help to slow down the output

I need to slow down the output in my app Can anyone please help?
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Tikeri, I managed to get it working the way I wanted with a sma... (by Cbasic88)
Need help to ouput premade lines of text but randomly!!!

Can anyone help, I need to randomly output for example possible sentences that will output: (///no limit and all random each time How are you? What's y...
[6 replies] Last: @ Tikeri, that's ok, and thanks again for your help :) @ lastchance, ... (by Cbasic88)
conditionals

Hi, I'm starting using C++ and I have an error: else without a previous if, how can i fix it? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() ...
[1 reply] : Look at http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ You have writt... (by keskiverto)
Trying to create the game sorry.

Can anyone help? I am trying to create a game that has the same basic rules as the board game SORRY. I keep getting stuck in an infinite loop as well as a few o...
[3 replies] Last: This was very helpful! Thank you guys very much. (by mjones382)
How to read lines correctly form text file?

Hi, I'm wanted to know what is the best and secure way to read lines from files. Though my university books and teachers taught me to do it like this: ifst...
[1 reply] : Hello Edward01, Do not use the while condition of (!????.eof) as this... (by Handy Andy)
2D arrays

I need to use arrays to solve this problem, i have to pass an array to a function but i dont know what length it will have, although i know it will have 4 colum...
[2 replies] Last: Have you noticed that you have to know more, understand more, do much ... (by keskiverto)
how to reset directory iterator to the beginning of the folder

i would like to reset the directory iterator to the beginning of the folder again , after it has reached end to compute the total file size of each extension in...
[1 reply] : dir = directory_iterator(folder); // reset directory iterator to the ... (by JLBorges)
Penny Program

Hello, I am having trouble with this particular program. I managed to solve it with the FOR loop, but out of curiosity I tried solving it with the while loop an...
[3 replies] Last: Makes sense now, thanks! (by Bayan Khorshidi Berkeley)
C Tutorial for beginners

C Tutorial resources for beginners to learn online.. http://cprogrammingexpert.com/ http://fresh2refresh.com/c-programming
[no replies]
how to delete every third element from a vector

i have problem removing every third card from a vector (deck of cards) , where vector is of type "Card". the problem is that once an element is deleted from the...
[4 replies] Last: memory shuffling is more expensive that just doing a custom copy state... (by jonnin)
PLEASE HELP !!!

Please help me with my homework guys thank you very much! and more power for this page!!! Give the java codes to perform the indicated tasks 1. Declare va...
[3 replies] Last: As MikeyBoy stated, this is a C++ forum. Asking here is a little like... (by dhayden)
modifying min/max for param_type in a distribution

How can I modify the minimum and maximum for the range, that was used during construction of a uniform distribution? I get a compile error with the following...
[1 reply] : Partially solved by constructing a new parameter type, with the new r... (by bluefrog)
Program waits for key press after last cout

The issue I am facing is that after a cout is executed in my while loop, it waits for input before executing the next line of code. I want to skip waiting for a...
[2 replies] Last: mouse_event(...) synthesizes mouse events but does not wait for a key ... (by coder777)
how to display the middle card from the deck

deck contains objects of type Card. i want to remove the middle card from the deck and display it. vector<Card> deck; Card middle = (Card...
[1 reply] : Have a look at the reference what erase actually returns. (by Thomas1965)
by Faggio
graph

Hi guys! I need help with graph in c++! Is there anyone that has a guide/tutorial/excercise to create graph? I don't need theorical approach but practical! Fu...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys!! (by Faggio)
by rdavi
a value of type "char*" cannot be assigned to an entity of type double

I have a struct that stores account number, name, last name, balance and last payment amount. I created a .csv file, which contains the following info 1, hom...
[2 replies] Last: thanks that did the trick! (by rdavi)
how to sort a deck of cards by suit or rank

Can somebody give me some suggestion as to how i can sort a deck of cards ( the vector deck) by suit or rank ? here is my starter code: /* Using command li...
[2 replies] Last: > how i can sort a deck of cards ( the vector deck) by suit or rank ? ... (by JLBorges)
Table alignment

I'm a bit stuck.. the dollar signs and amount wont align properly. Can someone let me know where I went wrong? I'm thinking the length of the item name is pushi...
[2 replies] Last: Like this, keeping in mind there are other ways using local currency f... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Trouble with simple Loop Program

Question: A country club, which currently charges $2,500 per year for membership, has announced it will increase its membership fee by 4% each year for the nex...
[6 replies] Last: Understand it now, thanks! Will mark as resolved. (by Bayan Khorshidi Berkeley)
using cin.clear and cin.ignore

i am building a marketplace calculator and i need help with writing the logic for seller input data validation. currently I am using cin.clear and cin.ignor...
[1 reply] : while (productCount <= 0 && (!(cin >> productCount))) { ... (by qwertyKeyboard)
July 2017 Pages: 1234... 12
  Archived months: [jun2017] [aug2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.