Beginners - July 2020 (Page 11)

Complexity of Recursion

I watched videos about the time and space complexity of the recursive function but I can't find why it important and what is its purpose, most importantly what'...
[3 replies] Last: complexity analysis is a useful tool to get a general sense of how eff... (by jonnin)
by Mif
How to handle multiple WM_NOTIFY cases ? (1,2)

I have 2 List view controls and I need to send the VM_NOTIFY for both of them.. The program compile and run but I see some issues if I toggle between them. One ...
[23 replies] Last: Let's say I just let the case notify like this: case WM_NOTIFY: ... (by Mif)
wrong spelling??

it complies with no error but after the user input of file name I get this error " terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*' " int ...
[10 replies] Last: thank you all for the help, i got it to work as it should be (by pnwadike99)
printing 2d dynamic array + pointers

the first function is given by the professor and should work properly, but i get seg fault. the second function outputs memory address instead of the element. ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, people! those mini-lectures actually worked and were easy to u... (by gongong)
[SOLVED] Issues doing math with functions.

Thanks for all the advice, I changed my functions from void type to int type and that fixed the issue. Excuse some of my terminology, I'm still new to this. ...
[5 replies] Last: What do you mean that the function returns nothing? The two function... (by zapshe)
Need assistance with this exercise...

Hello everyone! I'm doing an exercise where I have to write a program that will suggest a subscription plan based on the users answers to a series of yes-or-...
[2 replies] Last: Hello BennysMaria, Looking over the program at this point I see no us... (by Handy Andy)
by mnnsa
math problem

please help me how to approach this problem A(x) and B(x) are 2 functions . A(x)= Number of i where 1<=i<=x and gcd(i,x)=1 B(x)= sum of A(d) where d divides ...
[13 replies] Last: Now we could forget the A and write just the B: unsigned int B( unsig... (by keskiverto)
by alexas
help with constructor function

Hello, I am using a library in which the following constructor is described: static_assert(std::is_same<T, bool>() || std::is_same<T, ...
[5 replies] Last: Here's the library: https://github.com/ferd36/quaternions (by dutch)
what are streams?

Hello, I am trying to get my head around the concept of streams. I have a hard time grasping the concept of a lot of things, so I try and learn stuff the most s...
[7 replies] Last: I have a somewhat different interpretation of streams. istream and os... (by dhayden)
How do I append 3 more integers in a text file?

I'm doing my homework for computer science class. I'm stuck on this particular problem. It's asking us to input 3 integers which will write to text.txt When...
[3 replies] Last: When you get the append function to work, try running the program with... (by dhayden)
Get-Attribute

Write your question here. Hi all, I've been trying to code a function that will return the attributes of a selected file. The action that I am trying to carry ...
[1 reply] : C++17 has filesystem library. Permissions: https://en.cppreference.com... (by keskiverto)
Issue with file

Hi guys, I'm currently attempt to write output on a file but overtime I do the address never shows and the output ends up coming out like this on misc.doc. ...
[4 replies] Last: This is perfect thanks Salem! (by kdrewes)
Problems of Replacing a string in txt file

Right now I am planning to replace the name if the user enter a correct ID. However,it create a new line for the replacing the new name instead in the text file...
[11 replies] Last: Line (upper-case L) and line (lower-case l) are two entirely diffe... (by George P)
Omit new line in a String - C

Hello, I want to omit a new line in a string, because I don't want to go to the newline. printf("Code\t\tName\t\tLogin\t\tLogout\t\tlogin\n"); fo...
[2 replies] Last: If you read name in with fgets it may still have the newline at the en... (by dutch)
chashier return

So i am trying to make a cashier program where the user enters the amount of money entering in a cash register and wanted to return the amount of change to the ...
[2 replies] Last: i highly recommend using long long instead and letting 1 == a penny i... (by zapshe)
Players play in fixed order

Hi, I wanna play a game in which each player can call a function etc. My goal is now that i can select the 1st player in an array and this player can call up s...
[2 replies] Last: Use a vector instead of a variable length array. Also, create a Playe... (by dhayden)
Errors in code with MinGW

Hello, I am trying to learn to use MinGW, as I am going through a set of tutorials. I have a piece of old code that I done from a book that works on visual stud...
[6 replies] Last: mmm I just created a new visual studio project and then saved that, no... (by DonnaPin)
Incrementing time with a time limit?

Can anyone help with writing a program that has three variables? N,M,T are the variables. N is time for one task, M is time the next task will take, T is tot...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you! Again I apologize for posting a question when I was unclear... (by Fayezilla)
by Peon
pointer-to-object type

I've been working on this for longer than I'd like to admit. I also have read up on https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_return_arrays_from_functions.ht...
[6 replies] Last: > that was verbatim the error message (...) > aside from the preface "... (by ne555)
(urgent) recursive function and doubly linked list

Hello guys,I have doubts on how to do the function below can you help me? please guys help me I don't understand anything about recursive function Consider a...
[5 replies] Last: Is build_recursive() supposed to build a new list from the data in the... (by dhayden)
July 2020 Pages: 1... 9101112
  Archived months: [jun2020] [aug2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.