Beginners - June 2020 (Page 4)

by xidiot
structure node

Unidirectional list (with a fictitious head). Remove the k-th element from the list (k is entered from the keyboard). Add -1 to the tail of the list. I made the...
[1 reply] : I made a code #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <tim... (by xidiot)
Wrong calculation from website to solve dijkstra's algorithm

Hye! I was looking for an online Dijkstra's algorithm solver. I opened this website: https://graphonline.ru/en/ But why it is giving wrong results. This is t...
[1 reply] : Hello lost110, In the image you provided the small numbers are lables... (by Handy Andy)
uninitialized local variable

1. why the local variable must have a value? although if it is global it works normally? 2. the last line before return 0 doesn't print the ch2 content but i tr...
[3 replies] Last: "salem c", "jonnin" thank you guys for your support cheers. (by semsemdiver)
a better way to write this?

I've been learning for a while and was asked to do this program which I did but I feel like it could've been written in a more efficient way. Could someone at l...
[9 replies] Last: Since you always treat highway as a string, why not enter it as a stri... (by dhayden)
Output in a different format

Hello. I'm pretty new to programming and I have some trouble figuring out why I have the wrong output on my division code and the output on my pythagoras theor...
[4 replies] Last: Hello johannes67890, You are welcome. pytagoros.h (Really wanted t... (by Handy Andy)
need help reading this code

so here I have a function that should output the data of a file. the function's name is printDataNumbers and inside the parenthesis are its parameters that I am...
[2 replies] Last: out writes to whatever std::ostream derived object you provide a r... (by andywestken)
how to include iteration variable in string wich in turn is used to call a function

I tried many google finds about int to string, sprintf and other but I did not manage to get this working. Hopefully someone here can help me out? I have a u...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I got it working great now. Will continue my Plural C++ cours... (by JoopSiroop)
by sparki
(Urgent) Rotation about a point of origin by no.of sides

Hi, So I have been given a number of sides, which is 4, then I have also been given an origin point, and a first point of a RPolygon. My frustration with this i...
[7 replies] Last: I'll repeat: ¿where do you even set the coordinates of the vertices? ... (by ne555)
by xidiot
Need to replace the stream functions with other, simpler. Need to replace getchar, cin.putback

[7 replies] Last: ty boys!! (by xidiot)
by Ema00
File handling in C++

Hello, Can someone please help me with the file because when I execute it and open the file the format of the data is weird and it doesn't save the data of the...
[7 replies] Last: Then I suggest you stick with plain text files, possibly something lik... (by jlb)
by xidiot
Hello, need to remove the flow functions and replace them with functions c i / o

[2 replies] Last: Ok i just reformulated the question (by xidiot)
File Handling hospital management c++

Hi can anybody help me what i did wrong. I have added doctor information and now i just want to see the details i have stored. please help me with the cod. i re...
[3 replies] Last: Hello HS05669, Sorry for the delay. My computer did a restart a coupl... (by Handy Andy)
by Mif
Need help with a custom Dialog Box..

Hello.. I created a custom Dialog Box that has a message and 2 buttons typically to the a quit message The "Yes" message is closing the application but the "N...
[1 reply] : Got it.. deleted the WM_Destroy case and the SendMessage((HWND)hClose,... (by Mif)
by Mif
How to show custom cursor over the status bar?

Hello.. I wonder how to make my custom cursor visible when I pass over the status bar? I know how to handle the SetCursor() over the window or over a static ...
[1 reply] : My status bar is created on the WM_CREATE at the run time: case WM_... (by Mif)
I need help with my intro to C++ assignment

NOTE: This is a long post. I have an assignment for my intro to C++ class where I need to calculate hotel room costs. I am having trouble and would like so...
[3 replies] Last: I agree with the above post. The tax indicated .1, .2, and .3 are 10%.... (by soapbar)
while loop help

Hi. I'm working on this assignment where I have modified this knock-off version of the Angry Birds game several times. I am on the last step which is this: 6. ...
[2 replies] Last: Ahhhh this helped me so much! In the back of my mind, I knew I might n... (by fruhtie)
by sparki
Types do not match(Urgent)

Hi, why do the types in my codes not match? And how may I resolve this issue? Is there anyway I could make the types match without touching the main() code? The...
[8 replies] Last: It makes type mean the same thing as T::Type , in the current scope... (by MikeyBoy)
helpp meee

help me with my assignment. The renting car company asked you to develop a program that will calculates the total charges of the rental. The charges based on c...
[5 replies] Last: Hello lexyyy98, Now that I have had the chance to run the program mos... (by Handy Andy)
by GonlyG
point to segment distance program having problems

problem: given N amount of x1,y1, x2, y2 and xp, yp, try to calculate perpendicular distance between (xp, yp) and the line formed by the x's and the y's. Fo...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=keskiverto]You were less paranoid in perpendicular case. ;) Ah... (by lastchance)
Check if STD::map key and value are a certain type

I have a std::map<std::string, std::shared_ptr<LaunchData>>. How can I check if the map passed into my template method holds a string for the keys and a shared ...
[1 reply] : How can I check if the map passed into my template method holds a str... (by mbozzi)
June 2020 Pages: 123456... 12
  Archived months: [may2020] [jul2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.