Would learning python make C++ easier to learn?

Well i want to learn both python and C++.
I started C++ already. But i heard the first language you learn is always more difficult.
But also python is relatively easier. Would learning python first make it easier for me to learn c++?

Would it give me a better morale? And more motivation towards learning C++?

@Kbw Yeah i know. I mean would it set me on a pathway to learn C++ proper.
I am currently in the University, I am taking a Cisco and D-Link extra courses also. SO you see i dont have enough free time to learn. I recently accepted my fate that C++ is a large language and would require more time to learn. I have two years to finish Uni and if i spend so much time on a programming language not in my scheme, i wont have enough time for my final year project and exams.

I pick Python because it is next language on my list, easier and requires less time.
Last edited on
It would help with implementing object designs, but really, to program, you need to have some kind of design somewhere (on paper, in a modelling tool or in your head).

But there's much more to C++ than implementing object models. If you want to become proficient in C++, there's no substitute for using it.
Last edited on
Yeah i know. I mean would it set me on a pathway to learn C++ proper.
I am currently in the University, I am taking a Cisco and D-Link extra courses also. SO you see i dont have enough free time to learn. I recently accepted my fate that C++ is a large language and would require more time to learn. I have two years to finish Uni and if i spend so much time on a programming language not in my scheme, i wont have enough time for my final year project and exams.

I pick Python because it is next language on my list, easier and requires less time.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Don't pay attention to bc87. He/she has been trolling a lot today.

EDIT: @Lumpkin I did.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
If he trolls, just report his posts.
> Would learning python first make it easier for me to learn c++?

No, not by a substantial distance.

> Would it give me a better morale?

By learning Python, you will discover that there are many more different ways of looking at a problem, discover techniques that can change the way you write code.

You would become a better C++ programmer for having learnt Python, than if you had spent the same amount of time learning, say, Java or C# and an assortment of libraries.
Learning python first will help you be familiar with things like loops, classes, if statements. Maybe some data structures like stack or queue.

I don't think it will help you deal with things like pointers and some other particular features of c++.
Last edited on
It could, help you understand code. But would not help in learning c++
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.