Selection

i'm to much confused how to select on the base of tansaction time please help me

there is a large busy cosmetic store. In store, for billing, there are four counters with four tellers (who
deal payment etc). A customer comes to the store and collects the things he/she wants to purchase and go to one
of the counters to pay for purchase. If there are already people in front of counters, customer has to stand in the
queue. A customer generally selects the shortest queue (with respect to the number of people in queue). The
selection can become wrong if one of the people in the queue has a huge buying list. But if we know the
estimated time of each customer in the queue, selection can become efficient. The system can become efficient, if
we tell a new person which one is the shortest queue with respect to time taken by the people waiting in the
queue.
A vector of counters. Each counter has a list of customers. Each customer has a vector of items.

The waiting time at each counter is the size of the list times the size of each vector of items within the list
so if there 3 customer in one line and 2 customer in second line but the 1st line customers require less time the second line customers how can i direct the new customer to the 1st line
can u give me a example code
reply me someone
You add the object representing the new customer to the end of the first list.

Have you worked out your algorithm for determining whether or not a customer should switch queues?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.