Discrete Wavelet Transform C++ Implementation - Run time error

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help using the Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) Library found here:
http://wavelet2d.sourceforge.net/

The trouble is a run time error, which occurs at the DWT function call. It seems to be associated with the length vector in the function call. I want to note that this code was published as is and was reported working by a post doctorate from MIT. Im pretty sure this error is due to something I am doing incorrectly.
I created a project file for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 which I have included here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DF1EA4AE66DE04A3%21128

Note: I placed the two dll files in the system32 folder and the .lib file is included in the MSVC++ Project file which links to the dll’s. I used the release dll's but i get the same result with the debug files. The signal.txt is used by the wavedem1.cpp project file and is operated on.

The error can be easily generated but here is the unhandled exception I am getting:
“Unhandled exception at 0x7555D36F in WaveletCode.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::length_error at memory location 0x002EF574.”

The end goal is to use this library on a microcontroller for some DSP.
Thank you for any help/suggestions you can provide. If you need more information please ask I am relitively new to this.

Thank You.
I cannot reproduce your issue, post a backtrace

Also
	if ( !sig_inp.good()){
		//cout << "The File doesn't exist"<< endl;
		cerr << "The File doesn't exist"<< endl; //cerr because is an error message
		return 1; //the program cannot continue
	}
/*
	while (sig_inp) {
		double temp;
		sig_inp >> temp;
		sig.push_back(temp);
	}
	sig.pop_back();
*/
	double temp;
	while (sig_inp >> temp)
		sig.push_back(temp);
Here is a screenshot of the call stack. Is this what you wanted? I appologize if this is not the typical format that is used.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4306/9jdl.jpg

It looks like line 65 is causing an issue which is the DWT function call.
I tried to look at the "intermediate window" in MSVC++ 2013 but it was empty during execution.

Is there anything else I should look at?
use the debug version of the library (compile your library with debug symbols)
¿what's the size of the `sig' vector at the point of the call?

> I appologize if this is not the typical format that is used.
Use text
Hi ne555,

I tried the debug version of the library and the same thing as above is in the call stack. At the point of the call 'sig' is size 256.

Here is some more output from the compiler and im not sure what a PDB file is:

'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\WaveletCode\Debug\WaveletCode.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wavelet2d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\libfftw3-3.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp120d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'WaveletCode.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr120d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
First-chance exception at 0x644921A9 (wavelet2d.dll) in WaveletCode.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x9F8ED620.
Unhandled exception at 0x644921A9 (wavelet2d.dll) in WaveletCode.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x9F8ED620.

The program '[5532] WaveletCode.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.