Exporting from C++ Builder to Excel

Hello guys. Hope you can give me some advise on this.

I'm currently trying to export some information from a RAD XE3 C++ Builder app to Microsoft Project 2010. So far, I have managed to create successfully a .CSV which Project reads without problems. The thing is, that I can only pass either Task information or Resource information in one CSV. If I could create an Excel Workbook with 3 spreadsheets, then I would be able to pass the complete information to project in one go. I have searched the web but I have not been able to find anything.

Long story short, does anyone know if it is possible to create and edit an Excel Workbook through an XE3 C++ Builder app without the need of external components? If yes, could you perhaps provide me with a small example code?

Thank you :)
is possible to create and edit an Excel Workbook through an XE3 C++ Builder app without the need of external components?

No. You will need to use Excel.

You will need to use the Excel Automation interface to use Excel programmatically. And for that, you need Excel installed.
I have Microsoft Office 2010 installed, so I do have Excel. By external components, I meant additional components for C++ Builder's VCL.

Sorry for not being clear on that part.
Ok, you'll need to access the programmatic interface somehow. I don't know how to do that from Borland products, but Visual Studio can read the type library directly and give you class interfaces that you use directly.
Thanks for the tip kbw. Unfortunately I'm required to use Borland since that is what we use at work.
You could write the data to your own format, then use VBA (part of the developer functionality of excel) to parse that file into a spreadsheet.
I'll try that. Thank you Stewbond
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.