C++ send info to PHP webpage?

I was wondering if there was a way for me to send information, say a username and password, to a webpage via a c++ function. I was unsure how exactly to word it, but I did attempt to google it. Here is an example of what I mean.

App starts -> goes to "Https://www.my-site.com/?user=$username&password=$password" -> username/password is valid -> logs them in on desktop app

I do not know much about php, but I am assuming the ?user=$username is setting a variable, correct? I am familiar with sockets, but it seems using the above method, this could be possible without sockets, would it?

Important part:

That is the method that minecraft uses to login players, the question here is what function could I start to send the desktop app to the webpage.

EDIT::
After looking a little more I find that it is probably not possible without sockets, which is fine; however I don't know how to do it still, I would prefer to not use external libraries, such as Curl.
Last edited on
why dont you want to use external libraries? your going to have to. how else do you expect to connect to the internet? i typically use sfml's networking module. the only reliable way i can think of to send data to the webpage is doing something magic with cgi
It may be slower, but I've found Python to be easier to work with when I have to access the internet. It has a function to do exactly this.
That's wonderful, I will look into the python thing, and just have the c++ program run the code, thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.