running the program takes up space in my c dive

Hi guys, i am a student learning computer programming currently using visual studio.

Everytime i tried to run the program my computer disk space OS(C:) get lesser and lesser, like 1day ago i have 50 gb space left and after 1day of trying to run many different program i type ( i type in the same file and just delete the code and replace it with another ) after running it

from what i heard there some junk file after running or something i tried to search for a way to delete it but i couldn't if anyone know how to solve this problem please help me, thanks alot!
Last edited on
like everytime i tried to run a program it will take up like 30mb or so
Visual Studio Projects can take a lot of disk space. The biggest file is a SQL Server Compact Database File (.sdf) file. You can delete it when you are done - VS will create a new one when you need build your project again.
how do i delete them?
right click then delete. It's only one file. Same place as your .sln file.
Last edited on
i did find a Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition but its onli 11.4mb
If you are using Visual Studio 2010 (without having applied any of its service packs):

Step 1:
Check for IntelliTrace log files accumulating in the default location of:

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Visual Studio\10.0\TraceDebugging

Window 7
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Visual Studio\10.0\TraceDebugging\

They can all be deleted.
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e53aab69-75b9-434a-bde3-74ca0865c165/vs2010-how-to-clean-up-the-visual-stadio-unused-files?forum=vsdebug

Step 2: Upgrade to Visual Studio 2015
hi sorry i forgot to mention , i am using window 8.1 so i couldn't find the file mentioned. anyway the problem i encounter is the same as the guy in the link thx for finding tho

i was told to use visual studio express by my school because we only need some basic feature

anyway really thank for helping, appreciated :)
anyone else know? sorry i am urgent cause i need to use my computer on wed
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.