Is it possible to use C++ to open an application and edit info?

Hello,

I am very new to C++ and was wanting to take on a small project. At my workplace, there are times when we have to manually open up an application, log in to the correct server, and delete certain users from there.

I was wondering, is it possible to create something out of C++ that can access this application, login to the correct server of choice, and do our necessary tasks all from a command prompt or something of that nature?

I just wanted to know if this was something that C++ can do and I figured I wanted to try this out for fun because I want to also learn C++ as I know very little.

Thanks!
C++ is a hybrid language and supports inline assembler language as well. Its a lot of words to prove it, but for now, just believe it: c++ can do anything that a computer can do.

That said, you may need to know things you may not know here.

This might be something you can do with a fancy batch file or shell script. It may need the c++ interface. You may need to know the binary format of some file. It may be intractable, if some file in the mix is encrypted. It just depends on the specifics what you can do here, but the general concept is doable and has been done before (see gaming bot programs).

Depending on what you do, you may also violate the EULA of something. A lot of programs have a "you can't take this apart and make it do other stuff" clause.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.