a program opening itself??

hi, so i want to make a "virus" prank on my friends(no other use, i promise), so i was thinking about making a direct download link and make them download a program that says,"n**** was here! be carefull of viruses bro", i got the program to work, nice, now heres my problem, how can i make my program to open itself automatically once its downloaded, or once a specific app has been launced?
any info would be appreciated!!
-navilgameboy
i did around 2 hours of researching but got absoluteley nothing!
Nothing will automatically open once downloaded. A program that's not already running can't check to see if the computer has finished downloading itself, right? To make the program open the way you envision, you'll need ANOTHER program that will open it.

My recommendation (Hopefully I'm not fueling a troll), make a program that opens that program with a specific condition (so that it can open as often as you want). Place this second program in the startup folder. On the next restart, it'll open and can open the first program as needed.

You have lots of options of how to do this, the problem is that you'll have to get him to first either, open the executable (which then it can do anything you programmed it to, including what I mentioned before), or install the file (which you could make an installation to put one program in the startup folder and the actual virus where ever you want). Then the installer could restart the computer.

Have fun
@zapshe
but how do i make the other program open itself so it can open the main program? what do you mean by "place the program in the startup folder" if i do it, itl only work in my pc (so it opens it on startup in my pc) not on others, or???
or do you mean that i direct download it in the startup folder?, if so, how???
What about creating a self-extracting zip.
https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/127113-create-self-extracting-executable-file-in-7-zip
Once the user opens the zip file your app should execute.
You can have the actual files packed into an installer. The installer will then direct the files to the specific locations.

^I've done it once before, but I completely forget how. Look around on the internet.

The self-extracting zip Thomas1965 mentioned is also a good idea if it works.
I know of a few simple ways.
you can drop the file into an automatic start place. This is probably heavily monitored by the virus protection software.
you can rename it as .scr instead of exe and make it the current screen saver. This is actually a useful hack, eg your 'screen saver' can grant access to the machine's disks even if the machine is logged out; you can use this to give extra limited access to something on a demo machine as well.
you can put a registry entry in to make it run

but getting it on their machine, without using 'black arts' ?? That is tricky these days. About all I can think of is a trojan. You could write some 'cool little program' for them... something like this:

pseudo code
if argv[0] == name1
do cool demo program for buddy();
system(copy name1 c:\...\startup\name2.exe
else
prankcode();

so when it starts in startup, with its new name, it triggers the prank code.

I did this joke one time:

In the birthday of one of my friends i did a .bat file

my friend has very few knowleadge about windows like a user

so ... in that .bat i make a "Happy Birthday" message with colors etc...

so, at first look it looks normal

but i put a lot of echo to make print about "Deleting sys32"

so haha he really thought his system32 carpet was deleting omg

is not the most "H A C K E R" way to make a joke but, at least it was hilarious to me.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.