CppCast: Conference Organizing

Rob and Jason are joined by Phil Nash, Adi Shavit and Fred Tingaud. They talk with the three meetup and conference organizers about their motivations for launching new C++ conferences last year and discuss some of the work involved in doing so.

🔗https://cppcast.com/cpp-conference-organizing/
Another post, another opportunity for that clown who reports these posts to indulge himself. That's the internet for you, I suppose.

Anyway, for the adults in the forum, Phil Nash is organiser of the newcomer to the UK CPP conference scene, Cpp On Sea, down in Folkestone. I went to the first one last year and it was very much a success. I've directed training budget at work this year to send people to it; Phil Nash did a great job last year and this year looks good already.

Fred Tingaud co-created CPPP in Paris last year, which I also went to; it was a one-day conference adjacent to the Eiffel Tower. Zipping across on the train from the UK is easy enough to make it worth it, and it was another excellent first conference. This years it's two days rather than one; I could see myself going again. Fred also knows what he's talking about when it comes to creating conferences.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.