Complex Programming

Pages: 12
I've just learned the basics of c++ basics but all i am able to do is cout numbers and stuff my teacher said that all the programming is done in c++ even in windows and linux but i cannot do anything except cout-ing numbers so what sould i learn now..
P.S i want to do c++ programming in android i mean i want to make apk..so a little help please!!
I'm pretty sure that Android development is more geared towards Java.
Yeah, Android programming is done mostly in Java.
I'm also pretty sure Linux programming is more geared towards pure C.
I'm also pretty sure Windows programmig is geared more and more towards C# and JS (since Windows 8).
Your teacher is obviously wrong. There is no single language to rule them all.

Last edited on
but ive seen that by c++ you can make apk but the thing is i cannot do anything else writing text and numbers so in that perspective what should i do now is there any advanced c++ commands or something??
But if your at such an early stage of C++, why not switch up and learn Java instead? It's clearly more apt for what you want to do. I'm sure there is a way to develop C++ Android apps but if it's geared towards Java then you'd be better off going that route.

Put it this way, footballers might be extremely skilled with their feet but they still drive cars with their hands (hopefully).
you have to use any library
the library that i am learning at this moment is SFMl and a nice guide is at this site:
http://sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/window-window.php
and you're teacher is wrong. first of all windows is programmed straight in machine language and there are some porgrams which are built in win32 assembly language.
assembly is quite a hard language to learn but if you'd like to here is a tutorial:
http://win32assembly.online.fr/tutorials.html
note that masm32 is still easier then the real assembly language since the real assembly language does NOT have if elseif and else statements neither the invoke command
Last edited on
windows is programmed straight in machine language

Hasn't been done in years.

win32 assembly language

Did you just make this up?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
gelatine wrote:
...first of all windows is programmed straight in machine language and there are some porgrams which are built in win32 assembly language...
0_o

Did you just make this up?

umm no.. look at the link i gave there. there are 35 tutorials all of assembly. and ok maybe programs aren't programmed anymore in machine language but there was a time they did.
Last edited on
but there was a time they did

Yea, maybe 40 years ago before C came out.

Also wasn't aware there was such a thing as "Win32 assembly". Sounds a little oxymoronic
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
An assembly language is specific to a computer architecture (the processor) such as Motorola MC6800 Assembly Language. The Assembly language is assembled (translated) by a program called an assembler. With all that being said there is no such thing as "win32 assembly language".

Also, I very much doubt that windows was ever "programmed straight in machine language", I doubt that MS-Dos was even programmed straight in machine language.

but back to Arslan KAANs question.

You mention your teacher, are you taking lessons in programming or is this just a teacher who is guiding you? Unless you have a specific need (for school) to learn C++, if your aim is to program for Android in will be quicker to switch to learning Java and going from there. Yes you can do Android programming with C++ (and the NDK) but it is not the desired route for that platform and is more for the middleware side of thing than application development.
Last edited on
nice 1234 posts =D and win is from windows 32 ,is 32bit registers, assembly is just putting everything together. it's the lowest level language and hard one . shame that you didn't know that :p
Last edited on
there is no such thing as "win32 assembly language"

This is what I was getting at :D
the link is just even win32assembly.com and don't tell me he wrote 35 tutorials about something that doesn't exist.

An assembly language is specific to a computer architecture (the processor) such as Motorola MC6800 Assembly Language. The Assembly language is assembled (translated) by a program called an assembler. With all that being said there is no such thing as "win32 assembly language".

just alter that a tiny bit: motorola MC6800 to win 32 and you have what i said.

and if you don't write the very first program in machine language how would you do it then?? in binary or what?
Last edited on
I think you're confused on the difference between an OS and a CPU.

And assembly is simply an easier way to read binary commands. There is a 1 to 1 correlation between assembly commands and binary. They are the same thing.
After digging around Google, I think this is what you're thinking of. There is no Windows specific assembly language, it just doesn't make sense.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4605341/why-there-is-a-difference-between-assembly-languages-like-windows-linux
I'm also pretty sure Linux programming is more geared towards pure C.[/code]

This is just as untrue as the others. In Linux we have all kinds of programming C, C++, python, TCL, PERL, Fortran, Pascal, Assembly, AWK, Unix shell scripts............ AND ITS ALL FREE

ResidentBiscuit nailed it with this:

I think you're confused on the difference between an OS and a CPU.

Last edited on
Assembly f"in sucks, that's all I know. I took a CPU architecture course for my degree and we had to write programs in Mips assembly and holy shit was that a nightmare!

I would imagine that after years of experience Assembly languages would become natural but excuse me if I like to be able to actually reference variable by there names instead of their register name. And when I call functions, I would prefer the stack activation records execute behind the curtains instead of having to push and pull everything on and off the stack myself.

That said, mobile programming is all Java, and Java is growing strong. C# and .Net is also growing strong in enterprise development so look into that as well, TS.

That said, mobile programming is all Java

Not all mobile programming.

This is just as untrue as the others. In Linux we have all kinds of programming C, C++, python, TCL, PERL, Fortran, Pascal, Assembly, AWK, Unix shell scripts............ AND ITS ALL FREE

Right, but most of it (good 70%) is in C. Python, TCL, etc, is probably <1% of code.
http://www.dwheeler.com/sloc/redhat71-v1/redhat71sloc.html
Last edited on
Pages: 12