Proxy program

Hello all,

First time I have posted on this forum. I would like to add that I'm having a bit of trouble coding my proxy. It works as such, sets up a listening socket and routes the browsers messages, setting up a connection to the server, and sends those messages to the server. If I modify the header and change "Accept-encoding: gzip, deflate" to "Accept-encoding: true" I have absolutely no problem having the task completed. However, if I leave the string as is, I run into problems, since all the incoming messages are gzip. I thought that maybe it was an encoding problem, or that I should use wchar_t* instead of char*, but I'm not really sure. All I know is that the browser displays the message "Content Encoding Error." Before the web server even has a chance to finish sending the gzip encoded web page, the browser initial starts wanting to communicate and sets up the next connection, which should not happen. If you would like to know more, I can show you my code later on in the discussion, thanks again.

I should mention I have a buffer limit on how much I accept, which is 500 bytes. So in theory all the messages incoming are "chunked," I think that's the write terminology but correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited on
what is this proxy good for?
I just want to be able route my connections using my program, its still located on my computer. It's just a mere learning exercise for me.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.