Good IDE windows-8

does anyone know a good IDE for windows 8 besides VS. I don't want VS because everything is a trial version.
Eclipse - www.eclipse.org (download the C++ specific one). Then you can load the plugins got SVN/Git etc
have you tried codeblocks(get a nightly build) with mingw(the one bundled with codeblocks is obsolete download the latest). It is great with many features
Do NOT use MinGW bundled with Code::Blocks. Use MinGW-w64 (can create both X86 AND x64 binaries from:
http://tdragon.net/recentgcc/

You can still use the same compiler as VS from inside Code::Blocks (no trial period, it will always works)
Last edited on
@modoran
thats what i said,
the one bundle is obsolete
While going 64-bit is great and everything, you dont HAVE to use CodeBlocks with Mingw-64. Some people have windows8 32-bit so the Mingw compiler with codeblocks works perfectly fine.

Now if you do have windows8-64 bit then I would say you can go with Mingw-64. But you dont have to. either way it would be fine.
does anyone know a good IDE for windows 8 besides VS. I don't want VS because everything is a trial version.

Visual C++ express 2012 is not a trial, it is free.
If you're a student, check out microsoft dreamspark. They'll allow you to use pro versions of visual studio for free after you prove that you're a student.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.