General C++ Programming - April 2012

Installing cURL

I have downloaded and unzipped cURL and curl-ca-bundle.crt on my desktop. However, I do not know where to place them. I have a system folder, a system32 folder,...
[no replies]
Multithreaded Observer Pattern

I'm about to build an (Observer/Subject) (Publisher/Subcriber) interface that I will reuse for different applications. This will be in C++, vintage, I have acc...
[2 replies] Last: One thing that occurs to me is that when you notify your observers you... (by Galik)
Is this a good convention for namespaces?

Hello, I was trying to experiment with some functional programming on a small-scale project and was wondering if my current namespace convention was good pract...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, keep stuff in namespaces. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/... (by Duthomhas)
Make GCC 4.7

I downloaded the gcc 4.7.0 package, went through the documentation for make and building, install etc many times, but its all way above my understanding. Its ...
[9 replies] Last: The Equation build has OpenMP support (and also includes the FORTRAN c... (by JLBorges)
Why is my array not printing in rows and columns?

This may be a stupid question, but I can not figure it out. using namespace std; const int ROWS = 2; const int COLS = 3; int main() { cout << " First"...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, I shouldve spotted that. Thank you! (by JGridlock)
Dynamic programming

hi... i was given a task of making all possible combinations of a 2d array through brute force algorithm and then find the best from all of them through its co...
[1 reply] : i have implemented the brute force approach..but plz help me in making... (by ssaaddii)
Installing Boost Library for 64bit c++ 2010

I am trying to install the Boost library system on my Windows 7 64bit C++ 2010 compiler. The instructions on the Boost web site are not very clear. Much of the ...
[9 replies] Last: If you really don't know.. start with mt and mt-debug. If you ever nee... (by Cubbi)
by trista
Having problems writing

Having a bit of trouble getting this to show up right on the output. Let me know what you come up with. To me it was a bit challenging and I still cannot get t...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for posing the code. Next time you post code, please use the c... (by doug4)
Trouble with lists

This is my program: #include <iostream> #include <list> int main () { std::list<int> intList {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10}; for (auto ite...
[1 reply] : You shall write iter = intList.erase (iter); Or you can use mem... (by vlad from moscow)
by sabu
name problem

why vector,list etc.are called Sequence containers, stack,queqe are called Container adaptors and set,map are called Associative containers:
[2 replies] Last: thanks! (by sabu)
Link List help

So I've been trying to fix this program for the past month. Its a semester long program project. The basic requirements of this link list is that it must accept...
[4 replies] Last: In polynomial.h you have a #endif followed by a '}' The #endif is for... (by doug4)
by am1221
getting data from a file and assigning it to a vector

Hi, I am trying to create a simple program that does exactly what the title says. The file I want to get data from is a .txt file, which contains a list o...
[6 replies] Last: Actually I think I just found a way to do it, thanks all! (by am1221)
Issue with ifstream.seekg()

I am trying to go 1 record behind from the end of file and then want to read the last record only, but when I do the following, ifstream does read record after ...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry, I thought that it was an actual compiled DLL. In that case it's... (by Computergeek01)
by tate1
final examination questions....need assistance please...

During the ____ phase of the system development process, potential problems and opportunities are identified and considered in light of the goals of the busine...
[no replies]
nm output explanation

Hi, I'm looking for extended information (more than the manpage provides) for the nm command (maybe a tutorial or webpage). Espescially concerning the symbol ty...
[1 reply] : "?" The symbol type is unknown, or object file format specific. Fro... (by JLBorges)
delete [] query

Well, I am not sure why don't we specify the size in delete operator? I know compiler finds it out after we allocate memory using new, but just want to know ho...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks all for the replies :) @guestgulkan - The link is quite usefu... (by incognito)
by raps
problem

if i input character like "red" how i can assign its value like 1 or 2 or...
[13 replies] Last: thanks everyone for helping me to solve my problem... (by raps)
Link List Help!

This is what i have to do but i am kind of stuck, someone please help me out. "You are to write a program that will create a singly-linked, circular list to hol...
[5 replies] Last: you should make a new function, "getlist", or something like that, lik... (by viliml)
Can you explain XML comments in VS?

I have an enum class with over 100 members which I want to group into sections by using XML comments (so that I can see into what section that member belongs). ...
[no replies]
Minesweeper Random Array

Hi, Im trying to make Minesweeper in C++. Everything is working, Win / loss detection, already selected / flagged square detection, square flagging, menu, boar...
[5 replies] Last: Ok guys I think I have got it now after doing some researching :D Th... (by steve 2012)
April 2012 Pages: 123... 49
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.