General C++ Programming - December 2015 (Page 2)

OpenGL texture not mapping

Decided to finally start learning 3D! I'm able to draw 4 blue walls around the camera, but I'm unable to get a wood texture mapped onto it. The texture is 10...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by Angeljruiz)
Array initializer error

Hello, so I have the following declaration which gives me the error "a new initializer may not be specified for an array". I am using visual studio 2013 c++. ...
[3 replies] Last: What is generally expected when asking others to debug a program is th... (by Cubbi)
Raw limitation

I can use the Raw feature with strings to fix backslashes as backslashes and NOT escape sequences. But if I don't know the string at coding time (say I want th...
[6 replies] Last: to JLBorges and cire Thank you both very much. The final code looks ... (by Aquilifer)
Program that Finds the first 250000 Prime Numbers

Program Specification: 1. Must store the primes in long long type array 2. Must display each prime number 3. Must be the first 250000 primes I've posted...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you all for the input. I apologize it took me a while to respond... (by mpark4656)
maps and ranged for, implicit copy??

I ran into this interesting behaviour when trying to feed a thread pool with a map of "jobs". In some cases an argument is implicitly copied and a const ref is...
[9 replies] Last: I have a personal distaste for the new use of the auto keyword, based ... (by Moschops)
Someone please correct me in this attached code. I have also attached the error message Visual studio is throwing

Hello i am student writing a disturbing project. Kindly identify the errors in this code and advise me. I want the program to receive rent by a government insti...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks cire. Your peer eye did it ! I thought i was making a default ... (by Mwangi Elijah)
Password Based Function

Is this ok for a function based on changing the variables with the requirement of passwords ?, if not please say how ? float dc ={3,3.25,3.5,4.6,6.6}; fl...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks a Lot ! [quote=ne555]It seems that you misunderstood. `user' ha... (by thecodeinnovator)
What's wrong with my C++ Quiz code

http://pastebin.com/gzfemmx8 That's the code, So this is a quiz game Alright so I made this quiz game using C++ for my school project and for some reason it...
[5 replies] Last: int main() { int x; cin>>x; cout<<x; } (by Andy1)
C++ ip tracing program

I was looking into different ip tracers and had the idea to create one in C++. I was wondering how I should start working on it. What I could come up with is th...
[1 reply] : C++ IP tracing program is very nice program (by Andy1)
lambda not working with template function

Hi, I have the following template function: template<typename F, typename ...T> void call( F&& f, T&&... t) { f(std::forward<T>(t)...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> template< typename F, typename ...T > void call(... (by JLBorges)
Change return type with std::bind

Hello everyone)) I have an API (which I cant change) which requires a callback function with no arguments and void return type. I have function (method) with no...
[1 reply] : I wonder if there is a way to convert bool() to void() using std::bin... (by cire)
How do I produce algorithms for tiles and spaces?

Okay, I am working on a project to procedurally produce building interiors. Right now it just handles rectangular buildings (or multiple rectangles as a single ...
[no replies]
Storing internal function data between f-n calls

Hello, I have a function that is called thousands of times (with different parameters) and it could be optimized by using previously computed data inside this ...
[5 replies] Last: can you give an example how to actually store and access computed dat... (by dhayden)
by Gyiove
seconds to day, month, week, day of the week etc..

Hello everyone! I have server time int time It should show what time it is right now on that server. I should also someone extract all those informations like ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime> #include <sstr... (by JLBorges)
by caffy
How to load list of numbers into a vector??

Hi, I have a file with lists of numbers separated by white space on multiple lines. e.g 1 2 3 4 5 3 4 5 6 7 4 7 7 1 5 7 7 4 3 4 I need to import...
[7 replies] Last: Sorry probably should have made clearer, that the method of storing th... (by caffy)
Thing not totally clear to me redarding headers

Hello people, Is it better to put all the header files I use throughout my program in a custom header file with a #pragma once directive before the includes,...
[4 replies] Last: Is it better to put all the header files I use throughout my program ... (by cire)
by AcarX
Switch vs std::unordered_map

I'm working on a high performance server application and I need to respond according to 3 different opcodes in the received client buffer. Something like: //...
[4 replies] Last: Oh I didn't think about that. That might actually be faster than 3 swi... (by AcarX)
Calculators

Good calculator program for anyone //Selctable calculator /* with fixes labeled below XVIII */ #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { ...
[6 replies] Last: to myself //Selctable calculator /* with fixes labeled below XVIII *... (by crazyjoshua27)
Collision

Hi I have a problem with my code where parts of it need to be defined but i dont know where about to do it since i used structures here is my code any pointers ...
[1 reply] : If you described a creature as a center(x, y) and a single delta, d, f... (by kbw)
Primary expression problem

Hello, I've just started learning c++ from this website and when i tried to compile one of the programs shown in the tutorials it didn't work at all and i could...
[3 replies] Last: thank you. your code works, i will read that article (by andreyun)
December 2015 Pages: 1234... 22
  Archived months: [nov2015] [jan2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.