• Forum
  • Jobs
  • programmers needed for 3d game "ASAP"

programmers needed for 3d game "ASAP"

Hello,

I am looking for moderately to highly skilled c++ programmers. I came to this forum simply because it is based on c++. Cutting to the chase I will tell you about my self, what I am looking for, and lastly the details of the game I am planning on creating. Firstly, I am 14 years old, I am a talented 3d modeler, and I have barely ANY skill in the field of programming. Secondly, I am looking for people who are talented in either c, c++, java, or libGDX. Then, for the best part the game is called Rollo The Viking Legend. By hearing the name you think of pillage, plunder, old fashioned warfare, small ships, rough seas, rugged wilderness, small villages, and trade. If you have any questions, suggestions, or hopefully an APPLICATION send an email to liam.stillwatergames@gmail.com

Thankyou
It'd probably be best to include information about the type of game it will be and a bit more on the theme.

You also haven't gave any information on how much you're willing to pay for a programmer, or any other information about your team and any work you've done so far.
stillwatergames wrote:
Then, for the best part the game is called Rollo The Viking Legend. By hearing the name you think of pillage, plunder, old fashioned warfare, small ships, rough seas, rugged wilderness, small villages, and trade.

I don't think that at all from hearing that. I grew up in the 80s and 90s so when I hear the title I think of Brutual Legend type story line, a blundering viking that somehow becomes a hero through blind luck of beating enemies.

Also, I will point out two flaws, your age which means you can't pay anyone to work for you (so offers will be limited). Second, your idea of details of the game is to tell us a game title and tell us what you think we think about when we hear it.
AVILIUS:

firstly the game will be based pretty much on the life of "Rollo" who was once the ruler of the entire Viking empire but he was not really a king per say. he still was in many battles (such as the Viking expansion). the theme is simply mixed between battle, pillage, plunder, and free roam. the pay will be divided to EVERY ONE in the team once profits are collected. and your last question "the teams work" I am actually here because I have just started to gather the team so there has been no work done YET but hopefully I can gather some programmers SOON.

BHX specter:

I guess when I think of it I didn't explain it how others would BUT I am going to have (PILLAGE, PLUNDER, and OLD FASHIONED WARFARE) and ALL the others will be included because if you think of it YES THEY WERE BRUTAL but they needed other things to do besides brutality. Plus that makes the player stay interested no matter what if you can do more than 1 thing.
the other question about pay. my plan for that is the same as "AVILIUS" asked. I will pay money out of the profits so I DONT PAY OUT OF POCKET.

I do appreciate you guys giving me your tips and I hope for you all to help me out or any one who knows what they are doing.

THANKYOU,

To me, profits mean the need for a well thought-out business plan. I recall one case where a friend of a friend had an idea for a game, and asked me if I'd be willing to carry out all of the programming. I foresaw several months of solid work ahead, with potential sales of ... well it was unknown but my estimate was two or three copies. I declined, which caused some disappointment.
So you haven't made any models or art yet?

And you still didn't tell us the genre of the game. Your response was pretty much an echo of your OP.
Sounds to me like he is trying to make a viking RPG(role playing game).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.