• Forum
  • Jobs
  • College Student Looking for an Internshi

College Student Looking for an Internship

I'm a Sophomore in Computer Science at Purdue University. I am currently interested in having an internship this summer. I have 4 years of programming experience in Java (3), C++ (4), and C (2) at this point, and I'm interested in Software Development or Game Development. I don't have much experience on big projects, but that's why I'm trying to get an internship. I'm excited to get out there and start working in the field that will, hopefully, become a long and successful career for me.

My LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=320198045

I will also provide an application if anybody has any interest.

Relocation isn't an issue for me, and I live close to Chicago.
Hi,
I would like to offer a position. Hola is an online company that looks for
C/C++/JAVA/JS developers.
The experience is not important- only your knowledge.
If you are a brilliant developer you can fit here.
You can be Hola's employee and work from your home at your state.
An excellent position with great benefits!!
If you find it interesting you can apply to my mail:
dorin@hola.org

I think your best bet to landing an internship is to attend a career fair held by your school. I went to an internship fair held by my school last month and was offered an internship 2 days later. Of course it is possible to find an internship on your own, but if your school has the resources available (the fairs) why not use them. Also, you can find out if your school has a mailing list where job listing are posted. I see more job openings than internships on our mailing list but it could be an option.
Yeah, I have been to the career fairs, but I couldn't get anybody to bite. This semester I don't have time for any of them (18 credit hours). Otherwise I'd be more than happy to attend all of them. I just happened to notice this forum, and I thought it would be a good idea to at least try to get an internship on this site.
This may seem like a sarcastic response, but have u tried internmatch.com or internships.com
Actually, I've never heard of those before. I'll check them out. Thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.