Job Security Systems

Hey guys,

dunno if anyone could help me with this but it's worth a try.
I'm Mario and I'm currently working on a project in Amsterdam where we develop the embedded software for a new product (I can't really talk about).
But the project will be over soon and I'd like to find a new job in Berlin but with potential international projects.
I found the following job add

http://www.headmatch.de/de/stellensuche/1/266/it/senior-embedded-sofware-developer

I fullfill most of the requirements and it sounds like a super interesting and challenging job but I have two questions - and I hope someone could answer them.
First, any idea which company it could be?
Second, I haven't worked on security system yet. Is it a very special field or am I qualified enough as long as I have experiences with embedded software development?

Thanks so much in advance for your feedback an comments,

Supermario
Embedded programming is pretty easy (no complex algorithms, usually small codebase, simple specifications), so I think, even if you just have the required general programming skills, you can go and learn that pretty quickly. I'd go for it.

Any company who is serious about long-term team building knows general/soft skills and ability to learn are more important than narrow experience in one particular field and having learned I2C specification by heart. So don't be afraid you haven't worked on a security system yet. ;)
Embedded Software in nationalen und internationalen Teams
Doesn't sound like as if there's a specific company.
Hey guys,

thanks so much! I feel much better now.

@ rapicoder: Thanks for the encouraging feedback. I guess, I shouldn't be so scrared and just go for it. Sounds like an interesting job and hopefully you're right about what you said ;)

@ cder777: I thought it might be one big player with offices abroad. Unfortunately I couldn't find any other hints that could be helpful

Thanks again,

Supermario
Hey Supermario,

just go for it! You've nothing to lose!Sound like an really interesting job with the opportunity to work abroad - maybe it is the first step for a career change.

Good luck!

Beammeup
Thanks Beammeup,

good to hear! I guess I'll do it. Like you said, I have nothing to lose...

Supermario

PS: I don't really get your nickname lol
My last name is Scott - beam me up (Scotty)...Got it?

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.