After 12th

I'm an Indian student about to finish 12th class and now I'm confused what to do next? I'm very interested in computer programming and want to do something in the same field. Can someone suggest me any option other than BE or B.Tech in India.
Thanx for the help in advance.
Hi, I don't live in India, so I wouldn't know. However, I do offer C++
tutoring lessons online. I have 5 years of computer programming experience with C++.

If you're interested, you can read the post at:
http://cplusplus.com/forum/jobs/85808/

Hope to see you!
thats interesting but I'm looking for some degree....
Try moving your thread to the lounge forum, you will receive more help there.
The degree pneumonic (BSc, BEng, BTech, BIT) doesn't really make a difference. What you want is a program that will teach you what you want to know.

I'm doing a part-time MSc in software engineering right now, but it's the "software engineering" part that interests me and employers, not the MSc part. When you're choosing what to apply for, do this:
1. Make a list of universities that you are interested in applying to (Ones in your area, ones with a good computer science reputation, or some other criteria that matters to you).
2. Look up their programming / computer science / information technology / software engineering programs. Find out what courses are part of those programs and read the course descriptions.

Based on that information, you should be able to choose what is interesting to you and what will take you where you want to go.

Example: If you are interested in web-design, look for programs that lean in that direction. If you are interested in how the operating systems work, there are programs for that. If you are interested in managing data or administering networks, there are programs for that. If you are interested in modeling engineering systems, controlling robots, developing AI, or image processing, there are programs for that.

A bachelor's degree will be more general. You will get exposure to lots of different sides of the industry depending on if you are in Comp Sci, Software engineering, Information Technology, or generic programming. You'll probably spend a lot of time on developing your math foundation, even if it's just linear algebra which is used significantly in graphics.

I'm intererted in cyber securities,designing and developing security systems and securing them.any suggestion.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.