• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Who knew you could solve the halting pro

Who knew you could solve the halting problem for under $1000 USD

This PDF is a screencap of a posting to a website where you define a project and let contractors bid on working on it. Someone made a fake account and described the halting problem. Some of the comments seem to be in on the fun, but there are so many that probably aren't. I thought it was hillarious :P
http://blog.willbenton.com/wp-content/uploads//2008/11/bug-finder.pdf
Rofl, that's hilarious!
Lol, even I have heard of the halting problem. They key word 'halt' should have gotten their attention, I can't believe so many of them are unaware.
You have got to be kidding me, I learnt about this when I was 14. People like that make me worry for humankind.
I think K. Goedel's reply is easily the best one. And none of the serious contractors even noticed...
It's worth mentioning that 90% of the userbase of those kinds of sites are Chinese or Indian programmers who reply to postings without actually reading the descriptions.
It's worth mentioning that 90% of the userbase of those kinds of sites are Chinese or Indian programmers who reply to postings without actually reading the descriptions.

Yep. I mean look at some of the responses...talking about web design and crap, totally irrelevant.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.