Rant

Pages: 1234
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I want you guys to rant about the most bull****iest programs on the media.

I'll start it off. I think the deadliest warrior stimulator is bull. I can write one of those in like 1 day. They make it seem all complicated when the hardest part about the program is dealing with the unneeded graphics. They read the values of the characters from a motherf*cking text file.
Brain Fuck
:3
angry turds. farmville,...
Uhh, the hardest part about the program is quantifying skills and figuring out how to compare them objectively.

edit: disclaimer: I haven't seen that show since it first premiered. I watched all of 2 episodes, and have seen nothing of it since. Honestly I didn't realize it was still a thing.
Last edited on
I also mother****ing hate yoville. The collision is horrible, and its a CPU hog. It's just a dress up game basically.
Flash games where the programmer does not make a proper mute button. :(

Apps and games that are basically another game with a different cameo.
ultima online.
I like how this is already leaning more toward games rather than programs. :3

Microsoft's merging of desktop and tablet OS's is kinda BS because it doesn't have much point.
I fucking hate enterprise level software that has shit documentation.
closed account (ETAkoG1T)
FredBill if it is so easy why don't you make something similar? And what is this thing you are talking about, I haven't seen it?
Challenge accepted.
ResidentBiscuit wrote:
I fucking hate enterprise level software that has shit documentation.
Preach it.. This invoice software we used at my workplace (which I had the joy of maintaining) Had like, a one-page readme that left me with way more questions than answers.
Also, boost documentation fucking sucks. On some things, that is. Some of the boost docs are awesome, but there are areas where you go to look something up and cannot find a lick of evidence that it even exists and then you wonder "Why didn't they post like 3 lines of example code to clear this up?" then rage and shut your browser and come back later, rinse, and repeat.
http://www.x.org/archive/X11R6.8.0/doc/xorg.conf.5.html#sect8
"Why didn't they post like 3 lines of example code to clear this up?" then rage and shut your browser and come back later, rinse, and repeat.

I wonder how many times this happened here?
I hate it when companies, not mentioning names (but is starts with an 'N' and ends with a "vidia" ) keeps everything on their hardware proprietary, so people cannot make their own drivers for their own small hobbyist OS >:(
Just make your own GPU then. #sarcasm (because I know you guys get all serious when I type sarcastic comments.

I also really hate when people say that they are a pro hacker when they only know batch.
Last edited on by Fredbill30
closed account (ETAkoG1T)
Challenge accepted.

How is the is your project going? Send me the source code if you have actually done something and we can work on the project together.
Last edited on
Wow I didn't even start yet. It was a joke but now that you're taking it seriously I'm going to actually do it.

Give me a list of the X factor values, two warriors, and their stats and I can start.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
dis gon be good

http://tinyurl.com/bzszspv
Why would you need that? When building a game engine you don't need any art assets. When making a hammer you don't need a nail.
Pages: 1234