Enemies

Pages: 1234
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Problem is that according to Bethesda, both those use a system based off RTS combat systems

Citation needed?

I think people don't understand that RTS mean "Real Time Strategy". I really don't see how Skyrims combat system is anything like Starcrafts battle system or Age of Empires battle system which are RTS games. SKyrim is a pure action RPG. It isn't even a hybrid RTS/RPG game in my eyes.

A hybrid RTS/RPG game are like EVE Online.
Citation needed?

No need, mis read the dev interviews. Apparently it was fan mods they were talking about that converted aspects of the combat systems in Oblivion/Fallout/New Vegas/Skryim into RTS.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
You guys were like eating my brain, I was trying to figure out the meaning of RTS, because I thought it was games like C&C and AoE. What are they for the last time?
closed account (3qX21hU5)
AOE and C&C are RTS games.
That's what I thought but people kept saying RPGs were RTSs and I got confused.
It's especially confusing when you get RTS/RPG hybrids like Sacrifice and BrutalLegend.
RPGs are not RTS, but they can be - look at the Zelda games, for example.
...How are the Zelda games RTS games?
Because you use different strategies in real time to defeat enemies? I'm using the phrase literally, and I shouldn't be.
Oh my god. So basically all real time fighting games are RTS by your definition.
Well if you want to get technical, RTS (Real Time Strategy) the term (not definition) would apply to every game as you have to come up with real time strategies for every game as you play. :P
It most certainly doesn't apply to turn-based, puzzle, or exploration games, since you don't have to develop the strategies in real time - everything is "at your leisure". Just accept that I wasn't using the term correctly and that I apologize for it :p
Last edited on
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
I wouldn't really call that strategy, it is more of a puzzle game and figuring out how to take on an enemy or boss. Once you know how to take them on then it isn't really a strategy game, hence you solved how to defeat them. You are taking the words RTS too literially and that's not what they mean. You could call any game that runs in real time in some way as strategy as you have to make decisions in real time and hence strategy ! That's not really how it works.
I thought I already explained that I was wrong?
LB wrote:
Just accept that I wasn't using the term correctly and that I apologize for it :p

NEVER! ;)
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Seems like you broke the internet again L B.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1234