Ways to make money online!

Pages: 123
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Yea thank...my parents can do it for me :D :P
Dude, Paypal is garbage. There are too many opportunities for social engineering between you and your money and historically they have had no issues with freezing peoples accounts with little to no evidence or reason.

At your age it kind of sucks because there are so many legal restrictions on what you can do. Off the top of my head I want to mention that both btce and Mt. Gox are under par for the month but appear to be trending upwards. Of course this isn't the kind of thing that you just jump into because of some anonymous post on the internet, especially considering the startup cost, but it might be worth keeping an eye on. At least there's no age limit on Bitcoin.
Last edited on
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
@computergeek01

Thanks im gonna check them out.. thanks
Hey,
This is a programming site. Why don't you learn how to make marketable programs and sell them on the internet via paypal. I think that that would make you good money. :D
closed account (N36fSL3A)
@ Superdude
Computergeek01 wrote:
Dude, Paypal is garbage.

Well maybe because us little people can't sell stuff online. Also, as soon as they hear a 12 year old wrote it they'll be like "lel d1s gme sux itz wrttn by a 12 yr uld".

Of course this could be the other way around.
If it is written good, the age of the programmer doesn't matter. You seem to have a major misconception about how people will perceive you just due to age. I've said it before, if you show you are a good programmer and good at game programming then the only ones that will hate are those who are idiots and jealous that they can't do it.
closed account (G309216C)
BHX,

In ways Fred is actually writing it in a typical adult point of view. This type of misconception happens every where even in real-time.

In Insurance companies they ask for age, why? because they think all young adults and young drive fast and are careless about driving. That way they will charge higher.

Next few people do think if something is coded by a child (including: Teenagers) it will not be high quality.

Maybe the quality of the program may even pass the boundaries of a professional but after all everyone will assume the 12 year old does not have REAL-TIME experience there for it changes their perspective of the Software.
Last edited on
In Insurance companies they ask for age, why? because they think all young adults and young drive fast and are careless about driving.

Rather, because they know young adults have less experience driving and have more per capita accidents than any other group of drivers.

It's not really an opinion. It's a conclusion based on a rather large amount of data. Young adults are statistically prone to accidents.
Hes also comparing companies to humans
In all reality, how would they know it was programmed by a 12 year old? Unless he's broadcasting his age while trying to sell it. No one would ever have to know. If it's good quality then what does it matter? I'm sure adults have made shitty games too.
Doesn't Ios have some type of author system or whatever?
I'm sure adults have made shitty games too.

oooooh ya

Doesn't Ios have some type of author system or whatever?

if its on the apple store it has to be approved by apple, so yes it does
I'm sure adults have made shitty games too.
Yea some parts of Skyrim were pretty crappy. Especially the fact you can't kill children.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Spaceworm wrote:
In Insurance companies they ask for age, why? because they think all young adults and young drive fast and are careless about driving. That way they will charge higher.

Actually no they don't think young adults all drive fast and are careless about driving. All insurance companies base their rates off of previous claims for that category (In this case young adult drivers). So when more claims are filed by young adults that categories insurance rate goes up depending on the claim to premium ratio. The actuarys of the insurance company are responsible for figuring out the risk and determining the premium based on the previous claims made last year.

It's not like they are just saying well young adults are careless so we have to charge them more, they are actually basing it off of hard data. So it has nothing to do really with the age of a driver, if more claims were filed for the 30-40 age group their rates would be higher also.
Last edited on
you could busk but instead of music you could teach programming or lecture maths
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
May sound strange but Steam trading. The digital items you get can be quite valuable. Trade in a bunch of cheap items for real currency (or keys), trade those for better items, then sell them on a market for real money (which is legal according to Steams' EULA). Just be sure not to run out of investment :D
One last one - you could be a YouTuber. If you get enough hits, you get paid.
Why'd you revive this?
At least he revived it with a legit reply. Though, he is wrong on one thing, you have to be 18 in order to become a Youtuber I believe. As you have to be old enough to enter into their contract to get paid (last I heard from a YouTuber).
Without parental permission, 18. However if you are under 18 you just need to have parental consent.

thats the way most things like this work.

again though, id chores over everything else
Pages: 123