How Can I Get My Mom To Make Me a PayPal?

Pages: 12
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Get your dad's handgun and make her create it. If the police ask say a video game gave you the idea :P.
Lumpkin is in NY, no handguns there :)
The (not-so)SAFE act didn't ban handguns. it banned magazines beyond a seven round capacity. It also brought NYS one step closer to being rendered into two states which would be a dream come true for some of us.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I'm going to stop this before it becomes a gun-debate.

Anyway, mowing lawns and shoveling snow doesn't work at all these days. People don't trust children much.

Bitcoin seems cool, but I don't know how to work it, and it seems shady as hell.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Anyway, mowing lawns and shoveling snow doesn't work at all these days. People don't trust children much.

I see kids mowing lawns and shoveling all the time for money... Heck I even pay my neighbors son to shovel for me. There isn't really much trust involved in it. They do the work and do a decent job at it (Though not sure how you can screw up shoveling snow) you get paid. If not you don't.
I go around my city and no one wants to have anything done for them, besides probably babysitting, but I'm definitely not responsible enough to take that up.

Anyway, I started a bitcoin account, how can I use it to buy stuff on ebay? Where are good places to get money?

EDIT: After doing some ad work, I still haven't gotten any coins.
Last edited on
Sorry for double post, but I just earned 2 cents from doing nothing. I was sick all day, I still feel like crap, and I just earned money from nothing. I'm sure more is on the way.

I might invest some time into network programming to sort of automate this process a bit though. It takes some time away when you forget you have a video playing in the background.

Thanks computergeek, but I don't know how I'm supposed to use this to go on ebay.

This really eliminates really all needs for a paypal, I can just accept payments through bitcoin.
Last edited on
Might take you a while to buy anything with your .02$ a day. Even if you make a bot like you are planning on doing.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
There are restrictions you can put on an account to prevent abuse.

For instance, any bank/credit union that allows overdraft can also disable it to prevent issues. The card will be flat out denied, and so forth.

Most establishments allow a threshold that will cause a call to the cosignee (guardian/parent most of the time) or require it be "authorized".

I see no reason not giving a 14+ year old kid his own bank account and some control. Rather, the fact that I didn't have one at that age caused serious problems (since I could only stuff paychecks into a friggin' piggy bank after cashing them... yeah, that's clearly the way to go). Although, my parents didn't even let me take drivers education until I was nearly 18...
Well I only did like 10 videos, and 9 of them were before I activated The Wallet.

Not to mention if I complete small jobs on this website I can just request my payment to be in bitcoins.
Anyone who was raising an eyebrow at the bit-coin idea please see Mt. Gox now: https://www.mtgox.com/

I really hope Lumpkin was able to cash in on that little dip at the time I made my post (it was around $122 USD IIRC). As for me I'm a little peeved that I wasn't. But now we all get to see if cats really do bounce.

@ Lumpkin: I'm glad you liked the idea. Now you need to find a pre-paid card to buy with the bit coins, this was much easier before DPR got busted but maybe look into the bitcoin card? I'm not endorsing this one as I have no personal experience with it but it says it's backed by Visa and Mastercard.
I'm kind of worried about theft. I mean, if one person breaks into somewhere, I can lose everything.

EDIT: I found a website, thanks.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12