Paul Walker

Pages: 12
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Not trying to be a 'D' or anything, but isn't it sort of ironic Paul Walker died in a fast car? I mean, he was portrayed as a great driver but then he just died in a car.

This topic itself is sort of useless, so post anything else you find ironic below.
Lumpkin wrote:
Not trying to be a 'D' or anything, but isn't it sort of ironic Paul Walker died in a fast car? I mean, he was portrayed as a great driver but then he just died in a car.

This topic itself is sort of useless, so post anything else you find ironic below.

It would have been ironic if he was portrayed as a great driver and then died driving the car. He was the passenger, while his friend was the driver. What adds to the tragedy is that he has a 14 year old daughter that he has left behind.

Seems a lot of actors and actresses have died while being passengers in cars. Thuy Trang, the original yellow power ranger died in a car crash while a friend was driving. Anna Malle, an adult entertainment movie star died in a crash where her friend was driving.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Yea, I knew he wasn't driving, but no one would have ever expected for him to die in a crash in the first place.
Lumpkin wrote:
Yea, I knew he wasn't driving, but no one would have ever expected for him to die in a crash in the first place.

No one expects anyone to die. Unless they are truly messed up in the head. At the most, people expect them to die when they are old and grey.
Yea, I guess you're right about that one.
Am I the only one who had to look up who Paul Walker was because I had no idea who he was?

I don't think I ever saw any of his movies.
@Disch - You weren't the only one looking that information up.
Never saw Fast and Furious?
Nah. I'm not big on movies. And the F&F series seems like it'd be a bit too douchey for me.
Wife love's "She's All That" where he played Dean Sampson, otherwise I've never seen any of his other movies, but I did know who he was. I live on IMDB for the most part.

[EDIT] Forgot he was in Pleasantville as Skip Martin. Guess I have seen a few of his other movies.

He is better known for:
She's All That
Varsity Blues
Pleasantville
The Skulls
Timeline
Fast & Furious movie series
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
I saw Pleasantville. I didn't realize he was in that.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
i knew who he was. i just didnt know his name. f and f is an amazing series. i really loved it :L. but i guess my opinion on movies isnt normal since i like the movie rubber
DTS: That was one of the oddest movies I've ever seen. Just odd, I never really got the general idea... all I noticed was for no reason whatsoever a tire came to life and started killing people... again, just odd
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
i forgot that i wrote rubber... thought you were talking about f and f. rubber is an amazing movie! i love it
I only watched F&F, and I didn't watch them because they were too 'actioney' and unrealistic. I don't watch movies much anymore anyway.
I don't watch movies much anymore anyway.

Most of them suck. The bar for tolerable movies has lowered drastically over the past 15 years.

The most recent movie I saw that I genuinely enjoyed was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I don't even remember the one before that.

I saw The Hobbit, too, and while I enjoyed it somewhat, I didn't find it all that great. I don't really have any desire to rewatch it or to see the sequel.

EDIT: If you haven't seen Scott Pilgrim... here's the actual Universal intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6UH9DGqgc

... you get the idea...
Last edited on
I've seen Scott Pilgrim, that movie is amazing. I loved it.

Would you recommend the Hobbit at all?
I looked into the information on Rubber....all I can say (mind you this is without seeing it) is WTF?! o.O :/.

IMDB wrote:

When Robert, a tire, discovers his destructive telepathic powers, he soon sets his sights on a desert town; in particular, a mysterious woman becomes his obsession.

Was the year 2010 really that hard up for movie ideas? o.O
Would you recommend the Hobbit at all?

If you liked LotR, you'll like the Hobbit. It's basically more of the same.

Though I didn't really personally care for LotR (found it boring. Beautiful, yes... but boring).
Oh, I never watched Lord of the Rings, I don't plan on it either. I guess in order to watch the Hobbit I'd have to watch the previous.
Pages: 12