Fresh Meat

closed account (E3Uiz8AR)
Hey all,

I'm tech1337 and this site has really helped me out so I have just signed up to mingle with like minded folk!

I am reading BSc Software Engineering (only first year) and live in Penarth,Wales, UK. (Wales is a COUNTRY - for our american friends :))

I look forward to getting to know you, please keep up the good work with the site.

Hi,

Tech1337 (Sean Ryan)

if(posts < 10 && color == 'green')
{
    string thisUser = 'N00B';
};
Last edited on
single quotes are for single characters. double quotes are for strings of characters. Also I am American and I knew that Wales was a country AFAIK UK is England , Scottland , and Wales.
Last edited on
Indeed, bear with me I am up at 5 am coding for class on Monday!

I think here, perhaps, there is a higher intelligence quota than the average international forum!

Please forgive my stereotyping, but you must be one of the first Americans to acknowledge almost all the countries of the UK correctly, you only missed Northern Ireland. But even we don't often give that much of a shit as it's not a member of GB!

closed account (N36fSL3A)
I don't think posts or color was defined, and what's the point in declaring a variable if you can't do anything with it. (Maybe declare it outside the if statement?) ;p

Just teasing, welcome to the forum!

EDIT: (You're the first person from the UK I've seen that spells color like that.)
Last edited on
Thanks for the greets!

I have a perfectly sane reasoning for my usage of 'color'!

I have spent a good few years as a web dev! CSS uses americanized english throughout.

That will stay with me for a loooong time yet!

p.s. Excuse = code fragment, not full picture!
tech1337 said:
I think here, perhaps, there is a higher intelligence quota than the average international forum!

You may very well be right. I have never been more humbled than I have in these forums. They are very active too, and one of the few places I actually contribute to (and that's saying somthing, because I don't care much for the "web"), seeing as they gave me so much.

You will, indeed, find this web site to be an extremely valuble resource in the years to come.

Please excuse any gramatic errors, I am tired and it is late for me. -,- Time for bed now.
IWish, I understand. First 20 mins I got constructive critique, humbled and supported plus learned more than my first 4 months of lectures!

I am glad I joined! See you around!
I've always wondered, tech1337, do Irish, Scottish, Welsh folk also drive on the left side of the road like the British, or is that exclusively british?

And do any other European countries do that? As far as I know it's exclusive to your island. My girlfriend and I were discussing this at work the other day where we had no means of looking it up. :P

I do have the means, now, but I'd rather be answered in casual conversation because I'm a human and humans are weird like that.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
@giblit
Don't forget Northern Ireland
@NullInfinity - Scotland and Wales ARE PART OF BRITAIN and Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irelanders are British. AFAIK no other European country drives on the left.

@tech1337 - I am Welsh and I can tell you it is not a country. It is a principality of the United Kingdom.
Technicality Mats :P - I do love wales! Where you from?

NullInfinity, yeah all of GB drives on left, so does Gibraltar and some eastern european countries!

I am pretty sure that India does too, but they were once a member of the commonwealth.

I am from north Wales and I guess population statistics suggest you're most likely from the south?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
And do any other European countries do that? As far as I know it's exclusive to your island. My girlfriend and I were discussing this at work the other day where we had no means of looking it up. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic
Used to drive on left, but now drives on right. Wow! How many accidents during that change?!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.