• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Who here uses torrents to download movie

Who here uses torrents to download movies

Pages: 12
Just want to know
Go away FBI
Don't worry it's completly confidential........ ;)Wink*;)Wink.
I do. Most recently downloaded a DVD screener of Gravity. Definitely won't be buying that one.
i do use torrents, but not for movies.

but for free games and software's

actually it's where i get my windows 8 :)
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Getting a pirated OS is just sad...
Torrent != Pirate

But anyways, why is pirating an OS sad?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
my friend torrented rubber for me. and torrenting an os isnt sad. i would torrent ubuntu isos cause i was too lazy to go through the website. and i believe its only pirated if it has a licence associated with it that you have to crack
I use torrents to download movies whenever the download is legal.

I generally try not to torrent stuff illegally.

-Albatross
There is nothing in the Microsoft EULA that dictates where you have to obtain their software from. A torrent, although patently stupid, is just as legitimate of a source as the original disk. The only thing Microsoft cares about is that you have purchased enough licenses to run the products that you have installed. The same holds true for most software providers which is why you almost never see them in the news for cracking down on well known torrent sites. Things change when they start populating with cracked versions of their products but that is a slightly different story.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
@Lumkin
i didnt get my win 8 pirated byt its not sad becuz fucking Microsoft Sell it for i think it wa $50000,0000

Guys watch the fbi dont just say ur pirating :D im messin they wont do much
I dont pirate much movies but my brother ,sometimes games and i dont really enjiy playing offline so i might only use it for software
CaptainBlastXD wrote:
$50000,0000

Interesting number.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
I know i didnt even use the commas right :)
but thats the only reason i hate microsoft.
LINUX FOREVER (even tho im on win 8 now)
I plead the 3rd.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
If you're so desperate to use a software that you're willing to steal it, then you should look into alternatives rather than breaking the law.

Windows isn't free. If you use it, you need to pay for it. Using it means you support that the OS costs [a large] amount of money and you're okay with that. Just because someone pirates an OS doesn't mean you don't agree with them attempting to charge you money for the software.

The ISO is actually publicly distributed and provides a trial version of the OS (at least for Windows 7, Vista, and XP. I do not know about Windows 8). Straight from the Windows 7 EULA: "Unless the software is activated, you have no right to use the software after the time permitted for activation. This is to prevent its unlicensed use. You are not permitted to bypass or circumvent activation."
You can buy Windows 8 for about $100. Linux is free in a lot of distros. $100 isn't a reason to steal it. Hell I paid $600 to get a PS3. $100 for a new Windows version is nothing.
We've already had this debate. It boiled down to there's nothing wrong with pirating software.
Yeah there is nothing wrong with it, that is why the FBI have a task force specially geared for anti-piracy. That is why torrent sites keep being shut down. Yeah more pop up, but saying there is nothing wrong with it is like moonshiners saying their is nothing illegal until you are caught.

General rule, if you have to worry about being caught and legal actions taken against you, then it is illegal and definitely something wrong with it.
Getting a pirated OS is just sad...

I call it curiosity
closed account (N36fSL3A)
If you can't afford a legitimate version of Windows just use Linux and call it a day.
Pages: 12