• Forum
  • Lounge
  • ATIV 500T Tablet: Booting up to recovery

ATIV 500T Tablet: Booting up to recovery Drive

I know this isn't samsungs forums, and I am not sure if anyone here will kn0ow this, but I'm hoping I'll get lucky.

I have a Samsung ATIV 500T tablet. It was apparently released last year, and I recieved one for christmas. It's an awsome tablet (considering what I need it to do, it's golden!) but I can not figure out how I'm supposed to re-install the OS if I can't boot up to a recovery drive through the native BIOS.

I checked out the BIOS and could not find the boot priority list, so it seems to only be capable of booting straight to windows, but what if the battery completely dies and there is no OS on the thing??? How am I supposed to use the recovery drive then?

I tried plugging it into the tablet (without the keyboard attatched), I tried it in the keyboard with the keyboard attatched, and nothing.

Has anyone had to do this and succeeded??

Thanks for your time.
Why do you think the OS wouldn't be on it? It has a SSD drive which uses non-volatile memory (like flash).
Ah, well that's good to know.

In any case, I still need to be able to boot straight from the recovery flash drive if somthing happens...

Thanks for your time.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.