The problem with being human

Pages: 123
Trusting your future self results in procrastination.

I think that's a semantic wrench.

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2012/aug/03/can-the-future-affect-the-past
Turns out you can't go back and kill your grandfather.
I wasn't talking about time travel, I was talking about the theory that the idea of cause and effect is wrong, and that events in the future can affect events in the past. At least you linked to an article that, from a short reading in the little time I have, is talking about the same thing as me :)
Last edited on
I don't think you are entirely certain what you are talking about.

You are spending too much time filtering other comments as irrelevant without considering that you may have missed their value -- particularly for such a broad topic.
Well when all I have to go on is a five-minute segment from Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole "Does Time Really Exist?", yes, I suppose you could say I am not certain what I am talking about - but I am certain it has nothing to do with time travel.
It has to be said that so far in relativity, there is nothing bulletproof mathematically to prevent time travel in either direction. In quantum mechanics, all quanta are assumed to have complete freedom in space-time, which means that they are treated as being in all positions and times at once, including in all possible pasts.

The general feeling is that we have seen time travel in the forward direction in the lab, but not in the backwards direction. Hawking is convinced that when we get into the deeper maths, some kind of timeline protection will appear. However, for now, we haven't seen it and going back in time is definitely, while an unpopular theory, still on the table.

Edit: Typos
Last edited on
thanks guys, if I learnt anything, is that i cannot fight my own battles
I was hoping you would have learned not to make a post like the one you did, or not to drag out an argument that has already been abandoned, or that not using proper capitalization and/or punctuation makes you seem lazy or uncaring. I am beyond tired at this point and I am trying to hold back from taking out all my anger on you. Maybe it is because I have a dehydration headache and shouldn't be posting.

As for not fighting your own battles, you should be aware that despite your behavior people in this community were willing to jump to your defense. The least you could do is put in the same effort to your life as they have.

EDIT: A post with only a period is definitely spam. Just click the delete button?
Last edited on
Who reported devon's post? Only to deny me the satisfaction!

L B wrote:
is that you can't trust your past self to have done things correctly and you can't trust your future self to remember everything.

No offense but from this first post, I don't see the foundation needed to build a discussion on. Essentially it's a platitude.

All I can think of to say is: "indeed, that's why we were taught to write and read."
Just the topic alone could lead to a month long discussion about "The problem with being human". With so many different variables you could write an encyclopedia collection or larger of dictionary size books on the subject.
Catfish666 wrote:
Who reported devon's post? Only to deny me the satisfaction!
Interestingly, it wasn't me.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 123