The problem with being human

Pages: 123
is that you can't trust your past self to have done things correctly and you can't trust your future self to remember everything.
Disch +1
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Zereo +1
!?
What is happening here, why are people naming other people? Did I miss something?
+ Banana Return 0
Last edited on
@Script Coder: I hadn't intended this to be one of those weird threads, but what with the state the lounge is in I don't know what I expected.
I reckon a bigger problem with being human is the fact that no matter how good you are anything, you can still f it up. You can mess up while driving, or walking, or making an important economic or political decision. "Human error" causes so many problems everywhere.
That's the result of oversights and assumptions that people make, it's just our brain's way of lowering the amount of information that has to be processed. What I was talking about in the first post is how we always feel the need to double-check our past selves and the need to leave reminders for our future selves. Everything we do is for our past and future selves.
Our brain doesn't just forget the information though, it just compresses and archives it. This is why a very small thing like a string tied around your finger can remind you to do a very complex task. Our future selves need those reminders as triggers or shortcuts to that data; otherwise our brains seek-time is the worst thing you'll ever see!

As for checking our past selves, every process should have some form of error correction.
The problem with being human

I wouldn't know.
See what happens to the lounge when im away, see what happens
Why on earth is devonrevenge reported?
I can't imagine why spam would be reported as spam.
I can't imagine why spam would be reported as spam.

Sarcasm aside, exactly how is devonrevenge's post spam? It's not useful but neither's the whole thread. In fact I get the feeling the whole thing's either an in-joke or just plain silly.
Yet his spam is somehow quantifiably different than any of the other spam in this thread?

My first post was meant to add to the discussion, but it could easily be misunderstood as random. Would it not count, then, as spam?

A thread of this type can be perplexing to most people -- even those with well-used, non-teenage brains.

I think his commentary is well-said. (And funny.)
Last edited on
Let's not forget to take into consideration that this is the lounge. By definition, anything goes, and the definition of spam changes to over-posting.
Last edited on
When I made this thread I intended to start and interesting discussion about human nature. I'm disappointed with the result of it being considered entirely spam.
Last edited on
When I made this thread I intended to start and interesting discussion about human nature. I'm disappointed with the result of it being considered entirely spam.

Maybe that's something to learn about human nature.
this is outrageous, LB it makes no sense but because I wanted to be part of it IM the spammer, I see what is going on here, this is whats known as forum snobbery, no the quality of my posts are not as indepth and helpful as the masters of C++.com, but im a beginner of both coding and the internet, this is me trying to communicate for real.

SNOBBERY
Last edited on
Pages: 123