Request: Report LB for abuse

Pages: 1... 4567
By "as you seem to think it does" I mean the equivalent of what I think with "shut down google and remove all forum search capabilities".

This topic now has 100 replies and we've not come to any conclusion. I don't think we ever will.
Last edited on
closed account (oGbjE3v7)
Sumthings never do.
Last edited on
Anonymous wrote:
Somethings
I thought I would never have to read YouTube comments on this forum but apparently I was wrong.

Go ahead and flag my post for spam, insulting other members, whatever. At least I didn't say "idiot" like vlad used to before we disabled his account by reporting it so much.
Last edited on
I PM'ed twicker about post count and this is the reply he gave:
twicker wrote:

Hello BHX!

I don't see this really affecting the forum negatively.

The post count is just a post count. Sure, it implies a bit more, but I think that is a good thing: it provides a good signal, not entirely accurate, but which keeps things simple without entering into a full reputation system with its upvotes and downvotes, and the fights that come with it...

I could be convinced otherwise, but I see there is no agreement in the forum anyway.

@izrex
I may not have the respect of anyone here because I'm a Lounge bunny, but I can say one thing for sure. Even though I argue with LB, Cire, Catfish, Duoas, Disch, Zereo, and GreyWolf (shame the left, but hope they come back) and several others I respect what they have to say. I may not agree with LB completely and I am going overboard with my idea, and I may argue with cire and misrepresent what he says due to my misunderstanding of what he is trying to say, but I respect them and truly mean no disrespect when I do disagree with them. That said, I'm with LB on this one, I can handle tons of pointless spam and even devon's post in another thread of just a period, but I draw the line at the purposely misspelled words and even more so when it is obvious you are using them to troll a person on the threads.
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
GreyWolf (shame the left, but hope they come back)

God damn but I find it hard to stay away from this site.

I left for a number of reasons, partly due to the petty squabbling[*] that has been present recently and partly due to interesting questions already be dealt with by the time I get online. But the main reason was to give me time to learn/relearn some interesting things...I guess that failed as I keep coming back here to see what is going on (while waiting for my BeagleBone Black and Mojo V3 FPGA boards to be sent from SparkFun).

With regards to post count...Well I will have a post count of one soon but if does it matter? If I them go to another forum and give an answer to someone with a post count of a few hundred my answer will be no more correct that if I had a post count of a few thousand. As the post count has no relevance to the knowledge put forward we should be doing more to discourage any resilience on it being an indicator of anything other than how much time the person has to be able to post. People will generally gain a reputation on a site without a number, so I would be more inclined to remove the post count from the header altogether and maybe just have it in the users profile for anyone interested.

Yay! Welcome back! :)

Now we just need Zereo...
@BHX
Heh. Who started trolling who first. He even called me an idiot, indirectly, the statement about vlad was unnecessary and only strengthened his intent with his youtube comment. It's about as pointless as the whole "your" and "you're" people like to point out. It makes no difference when it's spoken, it hardly makes a difference when written unless you are majoring in english/linguistics and/or writing a formal document. I guess he just needs as many insignificant victories as he can get.
Last edited on
It's about as pointless as the whole "your" and "you're" people like to point out. It makes no difference when it's spoken, it hardly makes a difference when written unless you are majoring in english/linguistics and/or writing a formal document

You sound like you really know you're shit.
@izrex
Then he should have called you it directly. That whole post would have proved it. Your signifies ownership (your house, your car, etc.) you're is the combination of you are (you're an idiot, you're a troll, etc.). Completely different and anyone with even a sliver of grammar knowledge would correct them. You need to be done with this thread before you get reported for trolling.
Last edited on
@izrex
Then he should have called you it directly. That whole post would have proved it. Your signifies ownership (your house, your car, etc.) you're is the combination of you are (you're an idiot, you're a troll, etc.).

It's pretty obvious he's just cheating a system where he would otherwise end up like vlad. Indeed they mean different things, no one is arguing otherwise, thanks for you're clarification for those that may not know. There is no difference between "your" and "you're" verbally. The point being the two meanings almost never coinside with each other. Unless you think the actual written meaning of "you're car" is sane; what the person intended to say is pretty clear.

You sound like you really know you're shit.

This is a perfect example, anyone with half a brain will know what you mean by this statement as "you sound like you really know you are shit" makes no sense grammatically.

Edit:

You need to be done with this thread before you get reported for trolling.

Is that a threat or maybe a promise :P. I guess that's one flaw in knowing about how the system works. I know that even if I were IP banned, god himself wouldn't be able to stop me from registering and posting.
Last edited on
"you sound like you really know you are shit" makes no sense grammatically.

It makes perfect sense grammatically. (You are shit, and by the way you speak, it is clear that you are aware of that fact).

Anyway, the thing with grammar is that while proper grammar is not strictly necessary for communicating, it does help you communicate more clearly and effectively. It also gives the reader a better impression.

This is true especially in an arena like this one, where many of the posts are responses to technical questions. The questions and discussion is already confusing enough for some people without adding ambiguity caused by incorrect grammar.

In all honesty I was just being a smartass because I thought it was funny. I didn't mean to create a big side discussion.
Last edited on
izrex wrote:
It's pretty obvious he's just cheating a system where he would otherwise end up like vlad.

First, what do you know of vlad? He was banned before you ever joined. Who were you in the past to know of him?

Second, vlad called everyone an idiot just because they disagreed with him or even when they asked for him to clarify something he said. LB, on the other hand never called you an idiot, but at this point I wouldn't have blamed him if he had. You have derailed the thread, grasping at straws to attack LB, and now going on about grammar to further derail the thread.

The only one not making sense in this thread is you izrex.

izrex wrote:
Is that a threat or maybe a promise :P. I guess that's one flaw in knowing about how the system works. I know that even if I were IP banned, god himself wouldn't be able to stop me from registering and posting.

Nope, I wasted enough of my time with you. It would take too much effort to type a report comment for your posts.
Last edited on
The only confusion and ambiguity in you'r sentence is the use of slang, the word shit, and it's many many many meanings. Grammar isn't the only thing that can cause ambiguity. "Your" and "you're" alone does not create ambiguous sentences but only when used in conjunction with something else that can also be ambiguous. There is a time and place to know when to use our beautifully ambiguous english language in such manors. So why people feel the need to jump and lash out when most of the time "your" and you're" aren't the culprits.
Last edited on
What the hell is going on with this thread, LB what are you doing?

As for izrex, I think I can tell who it is. (Who couldn't?)
I definitely don't remember the real xerzi to be such an unpleasant, obnoxious cockroach.
As for izrex, I think I can tell who it is. (Who couldn't?)

Apparently BHX is one such person who can't...
BHX wrote:
First, what do you know of vlad? He was banned before you ever joined. Who were you in the past to know of him?

Well LB looks like you were right, an obvious name (shit if you just go to my profile you can see my old name) and still post count makes a difference.

I definitely don't remember the real xerzi to be such an unpleasant, obnoxious cockroach.

You must have missed the many discussions me and BHX have had ;).
Last edited on
Apparently BHX is one such person who can't...

I was thinking you were spoonlicker at this point. Either way you are still easily banned for trolling, and less than 20 posts (has to be a record).

@Catfish666
I wouldn't blame LB for any of this. I think he reacted perfectly fine to a spamming troll derailing his thread about a simple topic that has a complex list of possible ways of fixing it. Me and LB have never got along in the past (and I know it is my fault as I'm opinionated and a right fighter), but I'm siding with him this time.
Last edited on
BHX Specter wrote:
I think he reacted perfectly fine to a spamming troll derailing his thread about a simple topic that has a complex list of possible ways of fixing it.

I disagree. In my opinion "reacted perfectly" would have been to wait for twicker to clean the troll spam posts (if not to also publicly state his position).

People destroying your thread is bad enough (and I think I too have to take some blame in that) but destroying your thread yourself just leaves all the people who were on topic hanging.
The strikethrough on the first post and topic change may have been a little extreme, but I don't fault his reaction to izrex.
To clarify, I was not referring to any of LB's posts replying to izrex (posts which I have no issue with).

I was referring to the OP strikethrough and topic title change.
Pages: 1... 4567