Request: Report LB for abuse

Pages: 1... 34567
catfish wrote:
However, I'm against BHX Specter's suggestion to remove post count altogether (I have my own reasons).

I think we can safely say we all know your reasoning; you want 666 posts on all accounts :P

Anyways on topic...
Why does it really matter if lounge is counted or not? Posts are posts it shouldn't matter where they were posted.

Maybe thumbs up or thumbs down on posts in sections where questions are asked (not lounge) would be handy. That way it would put the best answer at the top of the replies so when someone has the same problem later on they won't have to search several pages for the best answer to the question.
I know it's a lot to read, but could you please not post unless you've already read every word of every post on every page AND comprehended what you read?
Could you be a little less rude? I would say what I feel but you are nothing to me, I have no respect for you after that comment, and you are not worth any more breath of air from me.
He wasn't being rude. He said that because your idea has already been brought up and knocked down. Your reply on the other hand was rude.

@LB Go ahead and make your proposal to twicker as I think we have established that something does need done, we just have different opinions on what that is, but if I have to chose, I'd say your method is the lesser of two evils (or however many hypotheticals I threw out there earlier).

I think we have discussed this topic enough to agree that the posts don't matter, but the lounge does make up a large percent of most of our post counts and should be removed to save future users from using the counts as a means of falsely gauging experience or knowledge.
rd2645 wrote:
This whole thread is useless; twicker does not bother with trivial stuff.

And who are you to speak for twicker? In fact, who are you?

rd2645 wrote:
@CodeGazer

I also do not care whether it is implemented or not. It's childish to be concerned with post counts.

In fact it is childish for me to respond you. Good-night

Yes I know what you are, but not who you are (or were, before getting banned perhaps).

L B wrote:
I felt justified to post the emotion thread here because at the time I was under the impression that many people, like me, had various forms of autism, and I wanted to see how other people handled it. I was trying to connect with a community that doesn't exist anymore, and probably never did.

Yeah you should've checked the failbit before trying to connect. Just trying to cheer you up!

And not to turn this around and make it about myself... but there's a reason why I don't bother to update my articles anymore (and it's not just because twicker allows a lot of crap to share the same space).

L B wrote:
I think I am starting to understand now why so many people have been closing their accounts recently. They just want the pain to stop.

Ha ha, "pain". I think it's that they finally lose interest, and maybe feel the community has degraded (so they choose to degrade it further by leaving, which is kind of funny).

I believe it's the natural life-cycle of programming forums such as this one. At the beginning, there are a lot of above-average users, then as more and more people join, devons and Specters begin to pop up, while Grey Wolves and Zereos leave.
Last edited on
thats a realy good idea
I did not take the time to read every post in this thread, so sorry to join in late and if this has already been said, then again sorry. But post count only tells how much someone has been active on this board. You can get post count by repeating what some else has said in the beginners forum too. It won't prove your knowledge.

I think this entire website should not be used to establish any credibility. To gain that, one should build their own portfolio.
Catfish666 wrote:
At the beginning, there are a lot of above-average users, then as more and more people join, devons and Specters begin to pop up, while Grey Wolves and Zereos leave.

True, but I'm the lesser of two evils. My expertise is in game programming and game development so I do all my helping on GD.Net and other game programming sites. If you look back at the threads I helped on in the past I was the first reply, if there was another reply that I felt answered the question good enough I didn't bother posting and usually I find the posts that I either don't know the answer to or have already been answered and doesn't need my input as it would normally just repeat most of what the first reply stated. So I spend most of my time in the Lounge apparently getting on everyone's nerves.
closed account (G30GNwbp)
rtd2645 wrote:
Yes I know what you are, but not who you are (or were, before getting banned perhaps).

@catfish
You insinuate that I am a troll. Someone who's goal is to disrupt an establish on-line-community. Is it because I periodically close an old account and open a new one?

And who are you to talk--you been dogging Duoas for two-years because he hurt your feelings about the use of system(). That is what a troll does when their pride is hurt.

No I have never been banned from this site. If you ask I'll close this account--just ask.
Last edited on
I am pretty sure he was implying you were a child not a troll....Also isn't this rtsdf because if so he would just be stating a fact.
closed account (G30GNwbp)
@giblit

If he was implying am a child I feel bad, because I am being childish. I am done with this thread.
rtd2645 wrote:
That is what a troll does when their pride is hurt.

No that is what any normal person does when they are hurt and thinks the person will continually attack them for their beliefs (and for the record, even though system() is bad, but it is worse to dog anyone for using it). A troll, when their feelings are hurt, will just up their trolling to make themselves feel better.

@giblit
He could have been implying he was a child not a troll, or a troll not a child, or maybe the worse a childish troll. We would only be speculating because we can't speak for Catfish666 as to what he meant by his saying. I've already had one argument about implying things and don't need to have another one.
rtd2645 wrote:
You insinuate that I am a troll. Someone who's goal is to disrupt an establish on-line-community. Is it because I periodically close an old account and open a new one?

Well, it would help my assessment of you, if you said what your other accounts were.

rtd2645 wrote:
And who are you to talk--you been dogging Duoas for two-years because he hurt your feelings about the use of system(). That is what a troll does when their pride is hurt.

All I remember is that I and Duoas disagreed. You seem to remember more about it than I do. It's almost as if you were trying to reignite some past tension and disrupt the community.

So I guess Duoas dislikes me. So what? He helped me with my LZW article. This, after the system() episode that I don't even remember. He can be difficult, and so can I, but neither of us are embroiled in mad hatred against each other.

rtd2645 wrote:
If you ask I'll close this account--just ask.

And by closing your account you achieve what exactly?
Well if you closed your account because of me, then I'd probably be getting a lot of flack from other members. In the end your voluntary leave would just disrupt the community (something which you don't want, of course).
Last edited on
Manga wrote:
I did not take the time to read every post in this thread,
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/5/#msg20048 ~Duoas, 2008

I am beyond disheartened with the result of this and many other threads, and I am losing patience with the way the community is changing. I will not close my account because I will still participate in the other forums, however I will always have a negative attitude toward the lounge. The behavior in this thread has sealed that fate.
Last edited on
closed account (oGbjE3v7)
So what ? He can still have his say without reading the rest of the thread I don't see any harm. To everyone else reading the whole thread, if what he said has already been said they can skip over it, not like it makes a different reading the like 100 posts in comparison.
Last edited on
At that rate we might as well shut down google and remove all forum search capabilities so that people always have to ask questions repeatedly on forums.
Well, for this to be fair, it would have to be a majority agreement as to how to handle before twicker would likely make the change.
Lol ? People do ask them repeatedly, some people phrase the same problem differently so google searches don't work all the time.
Last edited on
@izrex: it doesn't happen as often as you seem to think it does ;p
On the internet ? Yah i think it happens a lot \o/. There are probably thousands if not millions of C++ Vs. C# discussions out there and similar. If you are talking about this site alone, this site doesn't even have its own search feature. Anyway this isn't really a guy asking a question thread (unlike that Disch post you linked to) with an answer. It's open to debate whether you read all this "spam", as you call it since it's in the lounge :), or not.
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 34567