Guess the country!

Pages: 12
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
You have to try to guess the country. The person gives you the first and last letter and you have to get it. for example
Me:
first letter: I. last letter: d

You
: Ireland
List:
Ireland
first letter...

To stop duplicates you need to have the following format

Guess
List of countries done
Your country

Okay I'll start.
First letter: M
Last letter: A
Last edited on
Mongolia? Do I give my country now or do I wait until it's confirmed I guessed correctly?
My guess is Macedonia because OP neglected to specify any rules so my jaded self assumes he is trying to play tricks.
It could also be Malaysia....
Moldova ?

Malta is a country, too, right? And does Micronesia count? I can't think of any other countries fulfilling the criteria (though 6 is already far too many).
Is it Mauritania?
I know! It's 'Murica!
Can't we go to a list of all countries in the world and use the following regex:
(firstletter)[a-z]+(lastletter)
:P
Some countries have spaces in their names
It can't be Micronesia because that starts with an 'f'? At least, I think if I remember rightly it's something like "Federation of Micronesia"? Actually... A lot of the official country names might be different to their casual ones.
Google says:

Macedonia
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritania
Micronesia
Moldova
Mongolia

Outside of that I don't know.

@Mats
Usually when Micronesia is classified it is marked as "Micronesia, Federation of" and most places that are Federation of or <name> Federation usually don't use the full name unless in diplomatic events.
Last edited on
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Malta is a country, too, right? And does Micronesia count? I can't think of any other countries fulfilling the criteria (though 6 is already far too many).

NT3 got it right!
He may try one now

EDIT: You have to include clues like its in Asia etc and other hints are allowed to
Last edited on
OK, how about this then:
'U' and 'm'

Its not an official country name, but its too easy otherwise. Europe and surrounding areas.
Last edited on
united kingdom?
I thought United Kingdom was the official name? Even in Spanish it's called "Reino Unido" which means *drumroll* United Kingdom.
I think the official name is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"
Well, I don't really know actually. I guess it could be... someone who lives there might know for sure. Anyway, @giblit got it right, its United Kingdom.
Starts B ends with an A.
Bolivia
Pages: 12