slow system

I regularity use %temp% and temp in run.
And use best anti malware in the world ie spyhunter4
and clean my registery and use programs like tune up.
but still sometimes even though I am not using any programs my system becomes unresponsive.i use task manager also to shut down unnecessary processes but no use

Am I missing something here?
I am using intel atom processor which is completely useless but most of times it works fine but in some particular days it freezes

This happens mostly when i surf the net it says unresponsive javascript also
Last edited on
I get the unresponsive javascript error occasionally. I like to think it's a problem with youtube or firefox. Might have something to do with adblock as well. I notice a lot of sites nowadays are checking for adblock plugins before working.
But I get unresponsive javascript poblems in firefox,chrom,opera,IE....
maybe javascript is faulty?
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
One word "Linux"

Well you could restore your pc. What are your specs,
It is samsung N140
Since xp is gone i installed vista
1gb ram,160gb hdd,intel atom 1.6 ghz,.........

How linux can help me????????
wtf, windows vista is an outdated shitty & slow os, it uses about 70% of ur RAM, &
about 50% of ur CPU cycle everytime u look at the task manager. considering you only have 1gig of ram and a 1.6Ghz CPU.

How linux can help me????????

I have the same spec as yours and i have installed Xubuntu Linux & it is
running fast compared to windows 7, it only uses about half of my RAM..

If u want to stick with windows, you can install windows 8, it is actually faster than
previous versions of windows. And consider upgrading ur RAM to 2Gb.
Last edited on
nvrmnd
I have been told ram can not be upgraded since it is an old system I can not get this type of ram anymore

secondly I have been told RPM of hard disk used in my system is low and if i run windows 8 my system will get damaged

so what you say?
Linux???i have never seen this os before
http://xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/
ok I got it
I am downloading it
But what is the best free virtual machine available since I have lots of windows applications
Can someone tell me how to delete windows vista?
i do not have cd or dvd driver so i can not format my hdd and install Linux
I only can install it beside vista.But I have no idea how to get rid of vista?
The ubuntu installer should have a step where you can choose how to partition your hdd. You can delete vista from there, or reformat the partition and install ubuntu on it.

But what is the best free virtual machine available since I have lots of windows applications
First make sure you need those programs on linux, then check if there isn't an equivalent native choice.
The most widely used VMs are virtualbox and vmware

secondly I have been told RPM of hard disk used in my system is low and if i run windows 8 my system will get damaged
Wat. Did they tell you why?
I have been told ram can not be upgraded since it is an old system I can not get this type of ram anymore

Then you were lied to. I can still get my hands on working RAMBUS modules so I guarantee that if you look hard enough what you want is out there.

You were definitely lied to, either by a garage sale technician or a sales man trying to make their commission. The system might run like a dog but it won't be "damaged" by a new OS.

I don't suggest Windows 8 in any case, you should buy more RAM and look for an SSD HDD to replace your current disk drive then install Linux or you could put the system out to pasture.
Last edited on
I hope they lied to me
i will look for ram
but can I put ssd in my old outdated laptop?
That technician said he has repaired many systems damaged by windows 8

He might be talking about the 8.1 patch that bricked a few systems but that didn't cause any physical damage to them. It just didn't play well with the drivers.
No he was talking about physical damage to systems with low RPMs(for HDD)
but can I put ssd in my old outdated laptop?
AFAIK the only requirement is a SATA controller, which you probably have (check!).
As long as the drive is SATA standard compliant then yes, you can get a new drive. Even SATA 3 must be backward compatible to SATA 2 and SATA 1.
will study more about it but someone told me you can not
Now you're being shown otherwise: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA#SATA_1.5_Gbit.2Fs_and_SATA_6_Gbit.2Fs

The caveat is that your laptop has a SATA port to begin with. They do make PATA SSD drives but you're bottlenecking at the interface with those. Still it would be a drastic decrease in seek time.

Is this the same clown telling you all of this?
yes same person
i wont go to him again
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.