Help with English (again again)

In a game, who loses will be out of the game. What is the active voice verb for that? Eliminate, reject, exclude or...? Thanks
Last edited on
Eliminated might work - I usually associate that with games with multiple rounds where players or teams are eliminated in each round. Or a game with multiple players where one person may go out but the other players will continue until one is left to win. Is that the situation you have? I wouldn't associate reject or exclude with losing a game.
Yeah, thanks again.
Second question:
It's just a matter of time
or
It's just the matter of time
?
I'm guessing you're using the phrase in this first context?

It's just a matter of time before something bad happens.

I can see using the second but in a different context.

It's just the matter of time [or not enough time] that keeps me from taking more classes this semester. 
Though that second sentence is very colloquial, and doesn't quite 'feel' right (well, at least to me, though people from different countries might disagree).
Maybe that was a bad example. I was thinking of "it's just the matter of..." in a context like this quote. "the matter" being a specific concern.

"They're fronting Joe so they are going to double [team him] on [the] catch," Kidd said. "So for us, it's just the matter of making the plays and not so much relying on Joe to bail us [out]."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304655304579547843245243438
It's just a matter of time before I'd like to discuss the matter of time.
Last edited on
Thanks guys for helping me the last question.

Third question:
Which word to describe how much money a player has (in a game)?
Just 'money' or 'balance', 'fund'?
Last edited on
'money', 'balance' or 'funds' (note the s) might all work, depending on the game.

For something more general I would use 'money', but you might use 'balance' or 'funds' if you were making some sort of a simulation game with accounting, like SimCity or something.
Thanks. I'm just making a number guessing game from 0 - 99, it works like a lottery game. If the player guessed it right, he or she would received the money bigger than his or her bet. So 'money' or 'balance'?
Money, balance or funds, they all sound fine. I think the difference is a bit trivial.
I'll just go with 'money'
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.