LaTeX tags

closed account (z05DSL3A)
I have often thought that it would be good to be able to use LaTeX in a forum such as this (especially for the Articles section) but thought there may be technical issues with such a thing. The other day, however, I came across a forum where they had implemented the tags [latex][/latex] to produce good quality maths equations and very nicely formatted articles.

Would such a thing be possible here?

Also, it would be nice to have a 'save draft' and 'publish' system in the articles section, so you can work on things over a number of days and publish it when you are happy.
I like both ideas.

The LATEX one might be a bit more work to implement than the site administrators might like though... If you are referring to Daniweb, her LaTeX system only barely works -- it only includes the most basic features. To do more is probably not worth the trouble.

I very much want the draft option for Articles.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
It wasn't Daniweb, I can't remember the site but it was heavy duty maths. It looked like it was capable of equations, tables and basic diagrams and graphs.

...but even a basic [img] tag would be good.
Math tags yay! If you do that guys this forum will get an extra special advertisement among my colleagues ( who are mathematicians).

I have already recommended your forum to a computational algebraist friend, and I am sure many more math guys would post here if you put latex tags!
Why not just install wikimarkup?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.