Topic thinks I am not logged in.

This topic: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/136227/

When I open it, I see this: http://puu.sh/9EUHe/be1e030baf.png
I tried to logout and login back, forced reload of page, cleared cookies and cache. Nothing seems to work. Other topics seems to work fine.

Does anyone else have same problem with this or any other topic? What do you think is happening here?

And somebody answer him, as I currently cannot.
Not having this issue.
- What OS and browser (including the version) is the subject using? It's not a problem with the site so the scope of the issue has to be unique to their setup.

- How is this person communicating this issue to you? Is it by PM? Or is it someone you know in meat space? If they can PM you then clearly the site acknowledges that they are logged in and we can defer this issue to twicker as a possible DB error.

- When you cleared the cookies and cache did you make sure you did an offline deletion? That is with all instances of the web browser closed and using a third party tool like CCleaner?

- Is their browser set to restrict JavaScript in anyway?

- Is this issue persistent if you open the page with all web browser add-ons disabled?

- Is there an error log entry for this users browser when they try to access this topic?

I know that you've tried at least some of these things MiiNiPaa; but since you were sparse on the details I had to ask.
Last edited on
I've had a similar problem a couple of times. Using a different browser on the same machine, or the same browser on a different machine it managed to work ok. I tried clearing cache, cookies etc.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 + Firefox 30.0

How is this person communicating this issue to you?
Not sure what you meant, but original poster blocked PM, so I cannot ask him.

When you cleared the cookies and cache did you make sure you did an offline deletion
Nope, I used built-in browser functions. I closed all windows beforehand, opened fresh one and did clearing.

Is their browser set to restrict JavaScript in anyway?
No
Is this issue persistent if you open the page with all web browser add-ons disabled?
Yes
Is there an error log entry for this users browser when they try to access this topic?
Browser console shows: TypeError: f is undefined. It does not show it on other (working) pages

I remember that I have IE too, so I tried to access page in it. It works. Might be related to some security changes which were done in Firevox 30, but I am not sure.
Might be related to some security changes which were done in Firevox 30, but I am not sure.

Good news! I was able to recreate this issue with the same console error about 'f' being undefined in main.js on line 6. This was using Firefox 30.0 Windows 7 Ultimate, no add-ons whats so ever. I also get one additional error and two warnings:

- Error: Permission denied to access property 'toString'

and

- Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead.
- Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead.

It's a bit curious that on other pages I get a different error saying that a reference to 'g' is not defined but that does not present with the same problem of not being able to post, or any limit in functionality that I can see. I'm going to do a side by side with Chrome but I think it's safe to call twicker in on this one.

UPDATE_1: The errors do not present in Google Chrome even though the same code is being rendered. A diff-op reveals no difference.

UPDATE_2: The issue with 'g' being undefined seems to be coming from Google Ads. This is another JavaScript rendering issue so that is the problem here. And if I knew a damn thing about the language I might be of some more use here, but I'm afraid I've reached the end of my ability in this regard.
Last edited on
When this has happens to me, if I wait long enough it finally realizes I am logged in. I think it is just a delay in the JavaScript for some reason.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.