language feature poll

so im designing a language grammar, and i was wondering if you guys could give your opinion on some ideas i had for it? thank you in advance.
1) nested functions (think python or javascript) or lambda. either way i would i have a function datatype for interfacing with it

2) your favorite way to do a foreach loop.

3) statically typed variables with a datatype that resembles boost::any or datatypes like in python

4) much like in python, i want to be able to do something like this:
import someLib;
someLib.functionA();

but what if you wanted to not include the library name? i didnt want to do from someLib import functionA since i dont want to completely copy python and i never liked that format. i came up with import someLib implicit but that looked ugly to me. naraku suggested on irc to do:
import someLib;
using someLib.functionA as functionA;
. can you guys think of a different way or is one of those good?
1) Lambda. But it's just a preference thing for me. I find nested functions to be really ugly.

2) Python. for item in items

3) Static

4) How is this different than namespaces?
because namespaces are used to define scope. this, while looking like a namespace, is really just going to be a glorified copy and paste. the difference is that you will have to say what library its coming from.

if you wanted to bring it out of the namespace however, you would do something like this:
import someLib;
someLib.foo::functionA();

or

import someLib;
using foo::functionA as functionA;
someLib.functionA();

or

import someLib;
using someLib.foo::functionA as functionA;
functionA();
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.