What about giving votes to our answers?

I was thinking that a good improvement to the quality of this website could be giving votes to the answers, so that one could have a better reference of what is seeing and learning from the normal posts (and not just on articles). Of course the votes (also negative ones) could be given just by the more "faithful" users. Questions (not answers) should NOT be downvote in any case, because sometimes (as it happens in other known websites) it discourages people to try to learn more or sometimes that can make people lose time, and that's not what we like right?

What do you think? Can you speak with the admin?
no this is a terrible idea. it will encourage certain people to start point whoring and just say things for the upvotes, and then you have imgur.com. questions, if we were to do this, which we are not (its been suggested and shot down many a time), should be shot down, because the rule is:
1) if you cant google it, step 3, otherwise step 2
2) google it. if you find your answer: finish. otherwise step 3
3) post it on a forum or irc channel.
when i got back into programming (after playing WoW for half a year) i had to relearn everything. i could have a) posted all of my noobish questions on this forum and wasted peoples time, or b) googled it since my questions have been asked and answered multiple times
All the points you have been bringing up so far (votes and video sections) we, as a community, have already discussed and decided not to be a fit for this community.
I am calm, but you apparently are not. Programming is the wrong hobby for you if you get that offended for someone being honest with you because most of the programmers I know and most of the users on here are blunt, straight shooting users who will tell you what they truly think if you ask them. If that is your response and attitude every time someone is honest with you and tells you something against what you want to hear, then you won't last long here.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.