What to do after undergrad/contributing to open source projects

I'm doing a bachelor's in computer science and going into my final year. I have a 3.89/4.3 GPA so I've been doing really well but now I'm unsure about what I'll do after my degree. I still don't know what area I'm most interested in other than that I like making programs more efficient. Should I do a master's or go into the workforce? In some places I've read that you shouldn't go straight from undergrad to master's. Should I get a job first and then consider a master's? Money isn't an issue for me since tuition is relatively cheap where I live and my parents are willing to support me.

Also, I'd like to start contributing to open source projects to get some practice and have something to put on my resume. Where should I get started? Does anyone know of anything that's running slow at the moment and could use more efficient code?
i can only help you as far as the opensource projects go. https://github.com/DTSCode?tab=repositories i have forked many repos (all of which are open source) so that i always have a project to work on (right now its SLang). pick any that you like, or that suits your interest, or looks cool, or you think is challenging, etc. although, i would work on the originals, ie fork the ones i forked, and not my copies specifically
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.