Site bug

Can you post in this thread?
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/138180/
What browser are you using?
I cannot post. It thinks I'm not logged in.

Weird.

Using Firefox 30.0
Last edited on
closed account (NUj6URfi)
I can even after using empty code tags.
I'm using Opera v.?? Who knows. They don't list version numbers.
It seems only Firefox has problems.
Confirming bug, Firefox 30.0, missing log-in menu top right and thread buttons (Reply, Report).
Same problem for me. Iceweasel 3.5.16
I can post in Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m
I cannot post. It thinks I'm not logged in.

Firefox 30.0. Same as Catfish.
Tried it again in firefox 30 on Windows 8.1 x64, definitely cannot post. I think we can safely assume it's in firefox specific code somewhere on the site.
This is a bug in the way that Firefox 30 is handling JS. I'm certain that someone reported it to twicker when FF 30 first came out. But since then I've seen similar issues expressed in a vendor site that the company I work for interacts with. This is something that Mozilla has to fix.

Press F12 to bring up the browser debugger then click on the 'console' tab and refresh the page, those errors it catches are not found in Safari, Chrome, Opera or IE. FF thinks that certain poorly named variables are not defined. This issue is present in every page on this site by the way, there just seems to be something with the certain tags that shifts the issue over to where it effects the log in on this site. If I knew the first thing about Java Script I might be able to figure out more but I'm confident that this is a FF bug.
Apologies, I hadn't seen this thread or I would have posted my info here. Even though Computergeek01 has answered the issue I will paste my info here too just to be proper.

It works fine for me under all browsers:
Chrome: Version 32.0.1700.77
Chromium: Version 31.0.1650.63
Opera: 12.16 build 1860
IceWeasel: 20.0
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.