• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Request for Guidance - Creating an Offic

Request for Guidance - Creating an Office ActiveX Control or Adding preferably using Qt/C++

Hello,

I thought I would ask this in the lounge as I asked a few questions in the specific forums but it seems like I need more general advice and less specific advice.

Anyway, here goes:

I have an application that works quite well in Qt 5.4 that I would like to port a part of it in Microsoft Office based applications.

So, essentially the idea is this:

1. I open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and a custom tool-bar that I created is shown up top.

2. I click on an "add" button and a component of some kind which represents the Qt 5.4 application I already created is added unto the page.

3. I can also add properties to the Qt 5.4 "COM" object I added so that when the Word or PowerPoint file is saved the properties are saved "in" the document/presentation and when said document/presentation is opened the properties are loaded along with the aforementioned "COM" add-in and everything auto-magically loads, etc.

Ideally, I would like to reuse the QT code I created already. I successfully compiled an ActiveQT based project but I get the following error when I try and add the resultant file into an Microsoft Word of PowerPoint file:

The selected file does not contain any self-registering ActiveX controls.

There are examples of creating ActiveX controls using MFC/ATL but I'd like to avoid it simply because I have already written a substantial portion of the code-base in Qt.

However, I am open to ALL suggestions on how I can achieve the above goals.

Thank you for your time!
Last edited on
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned in the original post, I already grid that and I get the following error when I tried to use the control:

The selected file does not contain any self-registering ActiveX controls.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.