• Forum
  • Lounge
  • ["Watch"] // Badgers vs Blue Devils Live

["Watch"] // Badgers vs Blue Devils Live Stream 'Online' Wisconsin vs Duke

closed account (NUj6URfi)
What is this?
@Toad12359. Please do not respond to these obvious spam posts, as it makes it harder to remove it. Just Click the report button and type "spam". And it will be removed.

Edit: Although if you created an AI that could auto-remove these types of post, it would make my life so much easier because Ive removed hundreds over the past month/month½.
Last edited on
you wouldnt really need ai for that though
Almost isn't a bad idea. All the bots I see here post 5-10 links in a row and nothing else.

if(JoinedToday && PostCount < 10 && LinksPosted > 3 && ActualWords < 20)
      ReportPost();  

Maybe not worth it just because it would hit 1 in a million users, still fun to think about.
Why am I posting in a spam thread
Would still be cool to have a robot that can be a half decent mod, something this forum lacks :p
Would still be cool to have a robot that can be a half decent mod, something this forum lacks :p

in this case it would just be a bot. and yes, it would be nice. it would also be nice if admin gave some people moderator powers
A lot of forums have had their communities tainted by moderators who didn't know when to use their power. Just my 2 cents.

-Albatross
Case in point: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/161545/

"I have the power to remove the threads of posters with a low post count, therefore I can threaten those posters."

Not exactly the ambiance we're going for here.
Well, rather than having a bot go around doing this stuff, i feel like just adding a filter when a post is being submitted would cut out a lot of spam. The psudocode provided by James2250 looks like it would work well...
I see all these people complaining, but yet no one can make a half decent counter argument.

1. Tripple posting is spam.
2. Spam is to be removed.

Ive seen people tripple post before, and its just some lazy ass person who doesnt want to trouble himself with the effort of learning how to program, instead they just ask for us to to their job. I told the guy not to tripple post, is that a crime? Jeezus christ you people are blind. I told him to NOT tripple post. Double posting is already against the RULES, and tripple posting is all good and dandy? No its not. Dont tripple post, that simple. If Tripple posting is all good, then so should 4 identical posts, and 5 and 6. The user was warned, not threatened. Learn to know the difference.
Last edited on
1. Tripple posting is spam.

in your opinion.

2. Spam is to be removed.

and it is.

Ive seen people tripple post before, and its just some lazy ass person who doesnt want to trouble himself with the effort of learning how to program,

or its a bug in the browser. or its someone who accidently triple clicked, a real issue. or the site didnt respond correctly and as a result the user thought it didnt post. all valid reasons. it is very arrogant of you to assume otherwise.

I told the guy not to tripple post, is that a crime?

no. neither is triple quoting. regardless, threating forum members is very bad forum etiquette.

Double posting is already against the RULES, and tripple posting is all good and dandy? No its not. Dont tripple post, that simple

lol how many times did he post? i didnt catch the number

The user was warned, not threatened. Learn to know the difference.

you did threaten him. watch your fucking arrogance mate. cire has been a respected forum member for a long time, and youve been here all of half a year. dont think you have any right to treat beginner and older forum members in this way.
Don't threaten people. I side with cire and xkcd-reference - that post was a threat. There's a difference between removing all future duplicate posts (fine) and all of the person's threads ever.

https://i.imgur.com/vK3xx6n.png

You probably meant that you would only remove future duplicate posts, but what you said is more likely to be interpreted as thread genocide. Be more careful with your wording in the future ;)

If it's a duplicate post, just link to the original post or the post with responses. Discussion doesn't need to be split into multiple posts - it inconveniences people who use Google.
Last edited on
Multiple posting can be (subjectively) considered spam, but AFAIK no one has ever taken the stance of reporting them. The user is new to this forum and may very well be new to forums in general and, quite possibly, not familiar with forum etiquette. Threatening any member, especially a new one, does absolutely nothing to help our community.
Sorry to divert the topic, but at the spam rate we have I honestly wouldn't be opposed to having the new ReCaptcha for new- or hell, maybe even all posters given Framework being hacked a couple years back. It would fit nicely just below the format box, no?

-Albatross
now see i dont like that, because then it makes it difficult to run my spam bots.
I might just whip up a spam filter bot. Run it through my account.

Find plausible spam posts.
Ping me on my desktop with content of post.
Have me confirm report.

edit:

In fact, I humbly request that when you report a spam post, please first take a screen shot and send it to me. I'll be using those as source material for what my bot will look for.
Last edited on
It's not hard. Just scan for posts from new users that have one or more links - that should be a reasonable filter so that you only get dinged for actual spam. In the rare event that a new user is actually requesting help with their code and they link to it, that's an easy and obvious false positive.
Last edited on
Just look for anything with reddit lol
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.