Idea for a useful media website

A fair while ago IMDB started doing searches where you can describe the plot of a film and it'd try and find relevant matches, to some degree.

Now over the years I've played and forgotten the names of many games, and there is one in particular that I have searched for, for years and still not found it again even after asking a bunch of people if they've played something that sounds similar.

Wouldn't it be great to have a database of games (and potentially other media, but I particularly want games) where you could just bullet point every feature you can remember about it and get a list of matches... Even if you have to trawl through 100 games still chances are you may recognise a title or cover art and get back your beloved memories :)

Basically, that's the idea... Now someone get working on that XD
I'm giving it to you freely (after kind of stealing it from IMDB, but to be fair I had this idea before I even knew that they already had it for films).

PS. Would this work with a user system? Everyone enter information about all the games they've got, and perhaps even put little "memories" about games they sort of remember, so that it can help find a game but isn't really counted for ruling one out on searches in case it's not entirely correct.

EDIT: Perhaps if a game can't be found through automatic searches then questions can be posted and people can try and identify... Once the correct game is found again then the information can be added to the database for future searches.
Last edited on
http://thegamesdb.net/

also, one that i rather like is the internet pinball database
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.