My favourite article so far!

I've just read this article and it's changed so much. I wanted to share it, I know it's on Hacker News but not everyone knows about that site.

https://medium.com/life-learning/your-life-is-tetris-stop-playing-it-like-chess-4baac6b2750d#.dblmcqt6n

I completely agree with this.

Any opinions?
Two flawed analogies for the price of one.
If there existed a game that could be likened to life, it would be the worst game ever. But if I was to compare life to any game, it would be to NetHack.
We're randomly generated characters traversing randomly generated maps and have to contend with a constant barrage of random events that threaten our lives on an existential level.
And, just like how when in NetHack you die and all the loot you've picked up becomes pointless, eventually humanity will be all but gone, and in the face of extinction and universal heat death, everything from the Pythagorean theorem to the nth Internet argument of Playstation vs. XBox will be equally unimportant.
I suppose what game your life is most like depends on your life. We're not all the same and we're not all facing the same sets of circumstances.
Life is like Doom. Everything becomes so much more fun if you do it with a chainsaw.
@MikeyBoy .....?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.