Tired of US sanctions against sudanease people

So recently I have been learning java to develop apps for android, the thing is I want to download Android SDK but since my country is a "State Sponsors of Terrorism" I'm not permitted to download the SDK (WT..?! What is the relation between Android SDK and terrorism anyway!!).

This is not the first time I face such a thing, actually a bitter thing they even banned PayPal, more and more google services are not available in my country and I kinda feel they are locking the web from us (not just the web also some technologies, internet services, items shipping from US to here, and the list goes on).

I know I can use vpn's and such, but this is not efficient; the internet speed decreases dramatically put in mind the internet services aren't good here and are very expensive (compared to salaries). So if I want to download something from a banned site it takes days or so. Also some sites do there bests to know your location, I can use Tor but what about in-app downloads? :"(
If you have an international credit card, you could get a VPS and host your own OpenVPN on it, or download the files in question there and then download them to your computer. A single user VPN should have a minimal bandwidth overhead.

I could mirror the files on my VPS if you want. Just send me a PM.
Mate, sorry to hear that politics is having such a direct negative effect on your life.

When you form your opinion about the US please have in mind not all american citizens are to be blamed for their politicians. For example, my two daughters, (one to be born in a month), are/will be american citizens, and they certainly bear no responsibility about your troubles.

I am not an american citizen so I am in your (``the others'') camp (at the moment, being mistreated by the USCIS (the organization responsible for administrative terrorism of foreign nationals on US soil)).
Last edited on
@tition you just demonstrated what is wrong with America's immigration system, and one reason rights are being taken away from Americans. I do not know where you are from, or care, but I assume your children are in a position to become citizens because you have some kind of a tie to an American.

This is not the 1800s, when America needed to be populated. America is also no longer seen as only an opportunity, as it is was then. America no longer needs the amount of immigrants it gets daily.

The cause of most of the problems today are not how to get along, but how to make other agree with "me". That is simple in almost every other country because when they become a citizen, they accept the norm. America has never had a "norm" because it has always built itself on everything but that.

America is also notorious for jumping to conclusions when threatened. Ask any oriental that was around during WWII. America's borders had never been challenge before that. While I disagree with almost every policy that has been put in place since then, it is hard to denounce them. Place any other country in the same situation and see what happens.

While I singled you out, what I said was aimed at what you said, and not you personally, as it might seem. I hope you understand that.

I assume your children are in a position to become citizens because you have some kind of a tie to an American
The way he phrased it, it sounded more like it's because they were born in the US.

America is also no longer seen as only an opportunity, as it is was then.
So... What else is the country seen as, in your view?

America no longer needs the amount of immigrants it gets daily.
I don't know. I'm not sure you can ever have enough mathematicians. Well, maybe if you have a food production problem, but evidently that's not the case right now in the US.

The cause of most of the problems today are not how to get along, but how to make other agree with "me". That is simple in almost every other country because when they become a citizen, they accept the norm. America has never had a "norm" because it has always built itself on everything but that.
This is just incoherent. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

America is also notorious for jumping to conclusions when threatened.
I'd say the US is notorious for redefining the definition of "threatened" by inventing invisible boogeymen. In the 20th century it was the Red Menace, which was used to justify unethical foreign policy, such as using the CIA to weaken democratic leftist governments and prop up far right dictatorships. If you were wondering why so many people in Latin America have a distaste for the US, this is the reason.
In the 21st century so far it's been Terrorism, which is used to justify all sorts of atrocities being committed both domestically and overseas.
The US is also suspiciously selective in its application of foreign policies. There are the sanctions against Sudan being mentioned here, but I see the application of state terrorism by China doesn't stop the US from trading with them. I guess terrorism is okay as long as you have enough money.
@helios
I could mirror the files on my VPS if you want

First I wanna say thanks :) The thing is those files are downloaded by the app (Android Studio) on setup and I'm not sure if it's possible to make an offline setup and just copy those files from another computer that has the files downloaded in as my friend's. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try. I appreciate your well to help and again thanks.
PS: still gonna PM you in case I need you to mirror any files on your VPS ;p

@tition
IMO When people talk about a country they probably mean the government specially when it's about politics. In no way I'm blaming citizens :)
My children are/will be US citizens by birth.

America no longer needs the amount of immigrants it gets daily

I wonder, did any native american say that 300 years ago?

I have been welcomed in Germany (where I did my phd) and in the Czech republic. In both countries educated immigrants who work and pay taxes are respected.
This is just incoherent. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

That pretty much goes for my whole post. I was angry at a lot of different things last night, I am not sure what all I was ranting about.

tition, I misunderstood what you said. Part of my anger last night stemmed from there simply being too many people around me. I live in the country because I do not like people, for the most part, and after 25 years it is getting too crowded for me.

Our immigration system is broken and it keeps getting worse, just like everything else the government has its hands in.

I wonder, did any native american say that 300 years ago?

I would guess that the answer to that question would be yes. What's that saying about history repeating itself? Could be it is feeling like the wheel is about to turn round again.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.