• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Forum topic editor not working correctly

Forum topic editor not working correctly

The new topic editor page doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm using Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112. The format buttons do nothing when I click them. However, when I hover over them I still see text at the bottom left corner like "javascript:tx('code')". The length counter isn't working as well, doesn't change when I input text. What's weird is that when I click the format buttons, the length counter increase, and by exactly how many characters that tag takes up (e.g. If I press the code format, the length will increase by 13, because "[cod e][/code]" is exactly 13 chars. The preview failed me as well. When I click it, I see nothing, but, if I click it after I have clicked one of the format buttons, for example code, it would show a tiny strip of gray in the box of the post. Other than that there's only an empty post box when I use the preview.
It's very weird, like the content text area isn't the same one that the format buttons, length counter and preview are using. Strangely this doesn't happen with the reply topic editor, only the one you use when you create a brand new topic.

EDIT:
I just upgraded to the newest version of Chrome, 51.0.2704.79. The problem still exists.
Last edited on
It has been this way for months and is a known issue - we have had multiple threads about this. In the future, use the link at the very bottom of the page to report issues.
Create an empty one and edit it later.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.