• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Install Intel graphics drivers without I

Install Intel graphics drivers without Intel Control Panel

Is it possible to install Intel Iris drivers without installing the Intel Iris Control Panel? Maybe just copy-paste the driver files to C:\Windows\... or whatever?

My graphics card is Intel Iris 5100 mobile.

Thanks in advance.
You could try opening the Device Manager, selecting the graphics card, and asking Windows to find the device drivers in whichever location you currently have them. I'm no expert, but I think that will cause Windows to copy the driver files to whichever location it needs to have them, and register them in its catalogue of drivers. I can't say for sure whether this will bypass the Control Panel installer.

Just curious - why don't you want the Control Panel?
Use InfDefaultInstall.exe (found in System32 folder)

Pass it a single parameter of the path to the driver's INF file, or write your own INF file for the driver and pass the path as the only parameter.

This should install the driver mostly silently.

I don't think Windows Vista or 7 ever fixed the inf-install bug it had, so I think this only works on XP, 8, 8.1 and 10.
You could try opening the Device Manager, selecting the graphics card, and asking Windows to find the device drivers in whichever location you currently have them. I'm no expert, but I think that will cause Windows to copy the driver files to whichever location it needs to have them, and register them in its catalogue of drivers. I can't say for sure whether this will bypass the Control Panel installer.

Nope, unfortunately it doesn't. I've already tried this.

Use InfDefaultInstall.exe (found in System32 folder)

Pass it a single parameter of the path to the driver's INF file, or write your own INF file for the driver and pass the path as the only parameter.

This should install the driver mostly silently.

I tried running InfDefaultInstall.exe both from the admin command line and by right-clicking igdlh64.inf and selecting Install. It still installs the control panel.

Just curious - why don't you want the Control Panel?

I'm trying to get a game running that has worked before, but doesn't anymore. Just covering all possibilities.

Thanks anyway
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.